15: Night Shift

Suddenly It's Magic

Chapter 15: Night Shift 

HANNAH'S POV

"We would be having an upcoming medical mission so please remember all of the stuff that I taught you today so that you may apply it on the said date. Also, it would be better if you tag someone along to this medical mission." The teacher said. "That's all for today. Class dismissed." And we all stood up from our seats. I put the form in my bag and quickly head out of the room to go to the other building and do my practicum shift.

It was already 5 pm when I finished doing the rounds with the doctor so I already went back to the nurses' station to check on the records of the patients. I was flipping through the chart when suddenly I sensed that someone was standing in front of the counter but I didn't look up and continued doing what I was doing.

"Excuse me..." The voice said and I looked up and saw HIM.

"I'm actually lost. Can you lead me the way to your heart?" he added.

Well, if you're still wondering who am I talking about, it's Julian.

"Seriously Julian, that's the worst pick-up line that I've ever heard." I said flatly and went back to checking the records.

"Damn it. I thought you're gonna smile and say "Aww... Jules, that's so romantic." But okay... I see how it is." Julian said while grinning at me. I just laughed and shook my head, thinking that this guy has gone crazy.

"What are you doing here, by the way?" I asked him.

"I'm picking you up." He replied.

"Julian, my shift doesn't end until eight pm."

"That's alright. I'm willing to wait for you."

I sighed and then continued what I was doing. "I didn't know that you're working already." He spoke up.

"No I'm not yet working. I'm just here for my practicum. It's required for my course." I said casually then the telephone rang and I picked it up. After a few minutes of talking on the phone, I hung up and found Julian looking at me with an adorable smile on his face... Okay, not that adorable but you know what I mean.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. You just look so adorable when you're all focused in what you're doing." He answered nonchalantly while resting his chin on his right hand while his right elbow was resting on the counter.

"Will you stop trying to earn brownie points from me? It's not gonna work."

"Sure sure Hannah. We both know that you love it when I throw cheesy pick-up lines on you."

"They're not cheesy Jules. They're LAME. L-A-M-E. Got it?"

He chuckled, "Hey... Remember the time when I used to make you blush with my cheesy lines in high school?" he asked. I looked at him confused and he looked away but I noticed the glint of disappointment in his eyes.

"You don't remember..." He mumbled.

"I'm so sorry Julian." I said.

He sighed then his face brightened up again, "Anyway, are you hungry? Coz I've got some food here and I thought that you might be hungry." He said then he placed the paper bag in front of me.

"Thanks but I'm not actually hungry at all." I responded as I handed it back to him.

"Why do you always push me away?" he suddenly asked and I fell silent. "I thought you already agreed that you're gonna let me help you remember your past?" He continued.