58: The Grand Opening

HANNAH'S POV

The day for my shop's grand opening came and Kobe, Julian and I helped each other on some final touches on the decorations.

After preparing, we all went back home to change into our decent outfits. I wore a black fitted backless dress, silver shoes and a pair of white gold earrings then I curled my hair and made it into a bun. I also put on a little bit of make up.

Julian came into our room, all dressed in his white polo, black pants and shoes topped with a black suit and a red necktie.

"Wow..." He said as he looked at me from head to toe. "You look amazing as always."

"Thank you." I said then I noticed that he hadn't tied properly his necktie so I undid it and started from the very first step of tying it. As soon as I finished putting his necktie on him, he got both of my hands and stared at me lovingly.

"I'm so proud of you." He said with a gentle smile then he kissed my knuckles and hugged me tight.

"Thank you Julian." I said. "This shop won't be recreated without your help."

"I told you that I will be with you in every step of the way, didn't I?"

We smiled at each other then he kissed me softly on my lips which never fails to give me butterflies on my stomach.

"I love you Hannah."

"I love you too Julian."

**

The ceremony started and now we were up to the ribbon cutting. Kobe handed me a pair of scissors and cut the ribbon blocking all of us from entering the shop. As soon as I cut the ribbon, we all entered the shop. Everyone was there, having a great time - big clients, relatives, friends and people from the neighbourhood.

Well, not actually everyone.

I've already accepted the fact that Dad hates me and that he won't come today.

Suddenly, Julian kissed me on my neck which made me gasp in surprise.

"You cheeky little munchkin!" I growled at him and he laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Are you having a great time?" He asked and I nodded. Suddenly, a familiar figure entered the doors of my coffee shop.

It's dad.

"What is he doing here?" I asked and Julian cleared his throat. "Julian, what did you do?"

"Well, let's just say that I used my 'De Vizio magic'." He replied cockily.

"Just like what you did when we were in high school... Talent show."

"You remember that?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

I looked at Dad and he's trying out the pastries that we made which made me smile a little bit. "Well, I guess, your 'De Vizio magic' worked." I said to Julian while doing the quotation marks with my fingers.

"I think you should go and talk to him." Julian whispered in my ear, his hot breath tickling my skin.

"But-."

"No more 'buts'. We're leaving in a few weeks. It's now or never."

He held my hand and squeezed it gently, "I'll be close by." He said. I sighed and made my way towards Dad who was busy drinking a chocolate milkshake.

"Dad?" I said and he turned around and hugged me.

"I'm sorry Hannah. I'm so sorry." He burst out crying. "I've been a bad father to you and Adrian... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!" I pulled away and lifted his chin up.