84: Gone

HANNAH'S POV 

"Kobe, can we talk?" I asked Kobe who was then busy fixing the faucet on our sink.

"We're already talking." He replied without taking his eyes off of the faucet and continued adjusting it. Smartass.

I sighed, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for yelling at you." I said.

"I understand." He said then looked at me. "I knew the reason why you were like that. You're suffering from postpartum blues."

"I'm really sorry."

"Hannah, it's alright." Then he turned his gaze back to the faucet and unscrewed it once again. "Now, go wherever you need to be."

"By the way,  we're visiting Granny Lena today. Wanna come with us?" I asked.

He chuckled, "Nah... I'm there most of the time. She's probably getting tired of seeing my face. And besides, she really wants to see you and your baby." He replied with a smile.

**

As we approached Granny Lena's gate, we already saw her sitting at the giant swing nearby the Mango tree. Julian opened the gate and she shot her head up from  her knitting project and smiled.

"Hey Granny…" I said and hugged her tight.

"Oh Hannah, I've missed you!" She said then her gaze landed onto Natalia who was then sleeping peacefully in her pram. "Is she your baby?"

I nodded while smiling. "Aww… She's so cute!" Granny Lena cooed then she crouched down and kissed her on the forehead. "What's her name?"

"Natalia." I replied.

She smiled then held Natalia's little hand, "Hello Natalia, I'm your Granny Lena." She said in a light friendly voice and then her eyes widened in surprise. "Oh… She opened her eyes."

"Really?" I said and she nodded.

Julian and I looked at Natalia and our hearts melted when we saw her eyes open. Her irises were greyish blue. Just then, she cried and I carried her gently into my arms.

"It's alright princess… Mum's here." I said and her cry minimised a little bit.

"Let's go inside before it rains. It's starting to get dark." Granny Lena said and we all went in. When we went inside, my uncles surrounded me because they were so excited to see my baby.

"Ang gandang bata! Pwede bang ampunin ko na lang 'to? (What a beautiful child! Can I just adopt her?)" Uncle Bonning said jokingly.

"Awww… Her eyes… They're like Julian's!" Uncle Danny said. I chuckled and then looked at Julian and he put a hand on my back while smiling. Just then, Natalia smiled and when she smiled, her dimples showed.

"Julian, she smiled!" I said excitedly. "Hurry, get my phone and take a picture of her." He got my phone from my pocket and took a picture of Natalia while smiling.

"Did you get it?" I asked.

"Yeah. One more." He said then I heard again the shutter tone of the camera on my phone.

"She's so adorable." Granny Lena said. "By the way, I made some blankets and hats for her. They're upstairs."

"I'll come with you to get them." I said then I gave Natalia to Julian and went with Granny Lena upstairs. I noticed that she became slower when walking, her back was a little bit hunched and her hands are all wrinkly.

No shit Hannah. Your granny's getting old. What do you expect her skin to look like? Some sort of like a twenty-year old woman's?

"Let me see if I can still find it. Oh where did I put it again?" I heard her mutter to herself. We both sat down on the floor and she opened a wooden box.