The New kid

When I get to my house I'm out of breath. I unlock the door and walk inside. My brother,Jake, is sitting in the living room waiting for me.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep at Harvey's house and I promise I won't do this again." I say as I wait for my brother to punish me.

"You're lucky our parents are out of state on a business trip. I'm not mad at you but, mom would be if she was here. I was just waiting for you to get home.Now, go get some sleep." My brother gets up and walks into the kitchen as I walk up the stairs to my room. I throw on some shorts and a T-shirt as I climb into bed. I immediately fall asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My alarm goes off which I thankfully didn't sleep through. And I throw on this:

I quickly put my long blonde hair in waves and grab my bag

I quickly put my long blonde hair in waves and grab my bag. I walk out the door and to my bus stop.

*Skip to school*

I grab my Maths textbook from my locker and turn to face Harvey who's waiting next to my locker.

"So....." He says.

"So what?" I ask.

He sighs,"Did you get in trouble."

I shake my head no,"He actually was just waiting for me to get home. He didn't care that I was late. He just cared that I was...you know...safe." He walks with me to our Maths class.

"I heard there was a new kid in our class today." Harvey says.

"And?" I look over at him.

"Umm... I was just telling you I wasn't sure if you knew." He looks hurt.

"I'm really sorry. I'm just stressed. I have to turn in the math project and the teacher expects me to already know everything since I'm at the top of the class." I groan.

Harvey look at me and then says," If you ever need help just ask me. You know I'd help you with anything." He looks so sincere that I look away and blush. He lifts my chin with his hand. He starts leaning in but, gets interrupted by our maths teacher.

She coughs to get our attention,"Are you two gonna come in?" She asks. Harvey and I both blush. We walk in and he takes a seat next to me.

"Okay class, we have a new student today!" She smiles and a boy with brown hair and green eyes walks in.

He smiles and dimples appear on his face,"Hey,I'm Asher Angel."

"Take a seat next to Scarlett please." She points to an empty seat next to me. He sits down and I turn to him.

"Hey, I'm Scarlett." I smile at him.

"I've heard a lot about you. I met with Harvey before coming here and he told me a lot about you." He smiles back at me.

I blush. "You two should pay attention." The maths teacher says. Asher and I turn back to face the teacher.

*Skip to after Maths class*

"Class dismissed." The teacher says,"Asher and Scarlett come here please."

Asher and I walk up to the teacher.

"Would you mind showing Asher around school?" She asks.

"Sure. I'd love to show him around." I smile.

"Okay, I'll call your teachers and tell them that you'll be late." Asher and I walk out of the classroom. I show him around and we get to the music room.

"This is my favourite place, The music room." I smile.

I pick up a guitar and strum a chord.

Asher smiles,"What instruments do you play?"

"Umm... guitar and I know the basics of drums Max and Harvey taught me. Well, Harvey's still trying to teach me drums and I sing a little..." I trail off.

"Well, why don't you play something for me." He says.

"Umm...okay." I pick up the guitar and start singing and playing goodbye forever by Us the Duo.

"Don't let your guard down if he comes and knocks your door down tell him I'm not that kind of girl. I'm not that kind of girl. Fool me once, Hell no. Fool me twice, gotta let you go. Gotta let you go.It's just so hard to say goodbye when your so beautiful. I know the way I need to end this tragic musical." I sing. Asher claps.

"That was really good." He says.

"No. It wasn't. I'm much better at sports. Especially volleyball." I blush.

"Well...How about Bowling?I've got mad bowling skills."

"Name the place and time and I'll be there." I smirk.

"How about tomorrow at 6. I'll meet you at your house and we'll go to crazy lanes." He smiles.

"It's a deal. And you know you smile way to much." I tease him.

We walk out of th music room and I walk him to his classroom.

*Skip to Bus ride home*

"So..." Harvey says.

"So?" I look at him.

"What'd you do with pretty boy?"

"Pretty boy? You mean Asher? I just showed him around school and we're going bowling tomorrow."

"You shouldn't go bowling with him." Harvey mumbles.

"Why?"

"He gives me weird vibes.I guess and I don't want him around you.

I gasp and start to tease Harvey,"Is someone jealous?"

"No. I'm not jealous." Harvey blushes.

"Max can you believe this? Harvey's jealous!"

"That's not hard to do if it contains you." Max mumbles.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing!" Harvey interrupts Max.

I laugh, "I'm coming to your house. I need to get some dirt on you from Max."

When we get off the bus Max and I run into Max's room and lock the door. Harvey runs up and tries to open the door.

"Okay, spill." I turn to Max.

"okay, so Harvey likes-" He's cut of by Harvey who unlocked the door and tackled Max.

"You!" Max yells.

"What?" I say as Harvey and Max wrestle on the ground.

"Harvey was jealous because he likes you!" Max says.

Harvey stops and turns to me,"Surprise?" He blushes.

"Aww...Harvey's a little jealous because Asher is cuter than him." I tease Harvey.

Harvey picks me up bridal style and carries me to his room and drops me on his bed. He shuts the door behind him.

"Asher is not more cuter than I am." He says.

"Yes he is." I nod.

"Will this change your mind?" He gently kisses me.

"Hmm...I'm not sure let me try again. I kiss him back."Okay, I guess you're cuter."

"Does this mean you won't go bowling with him?"

" Nope. I'm still going." I stick out my tongue.

"But...what about this?" He tries giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Nope those don't work on me except for Tilly."I laugh.