Coma

Harvey and I work on our Maths homework.

"You got x=9 for number 7, right?" I ask

Harvey nods.

"The's answers, x=11."

He erases his answer and puts my answer.

"How are we in Honors Math together?" He asks.

"I don't know. You're actually really smart Harvey you just have to listen to the teacher."

He sighs and stands up. "I'm gonna go get some strawberries. I'll be right back."

He walks out of the room.

*Skip to Scarlett leaving*

I hug Harvey and then grab my bag and walk downstairs. I find Max in the den.

I hug Max and say, "I love you, see you tomorrow."

*Skip to the next day*

I wake up and throw some clothes on.

Sara texts me

---------------------------------------------------

(Sa-Sara & Sc-Scarlett)

Sa- You might want to get down to the house quickly.

Sc- What's happening?

Sa- Max is in a coma we called the ambulance

Sc- I'm on my way.

-------------------------------------------

I shove my phone in my pocket and grab my bag. Then I sprint to Max and Harvey's house.

When I get there the ambulance is already there and they're wheeling Max out. I run over to Harvey.He wraps his arms around me and I cry into his chest.

"Harvey what happened?" I cry.

"I-I don't know." Tears fall down his face as I look up at him.

Sara ushers us into the car and drives us to the hospital.

*At the Hospital*

"Max is fine but, we don't know when he'll wake up or if he'll wake up." The doctor says.

"Do you know how Max got into the coma?" Sara asks.

"No. We don't see any reason which is odd." The doctor looks down at his clipboard,"I'll leave you all alone with Max." The doctor walks out of the room and closes the door behind him.

I sit back and wait for everyone to talk to Max.

"Okay, We need to get to work and Take Harvey to school. We'll take you with us." Sara says barely able to keep from crying.

I shake my head, "I'm gonna wait here with Max. My brother won't care as long as Harvey brings me my work."

Sara tries to convince me to go with them but, I still deny. Her, Paul, and Harvey then leave. I shut the door behind them and pull up a chair next to Max.

"Max, I'm sorry this happened to you." I cry. "Please wake up Max. Your Fans need you. Your family needs you. I need you. I know you love sleep but, please Max, I love you." I hold his hand.

Max's Pov-

I can't speak. I can't see. And I can't move. But I can hear. I hear Scarlett speaking telling me she's needs me, she loves me.

'I love you too, Scarlett.' I think. It pains me that I can't say it aloud.

Scarlett's pov-

2 weeks and 5 days. 456 hours. 27,360 minutes. 1,641,600 seconds. That's how long Max has been in the coma. I haven't left his side since then. The only time I took my eyes off Max is to do my homework but, even then I still keep glancing at him.

"May I see you in the hall." The doctor asks Paul and Sara.

They nod and walk outside.

I hear them speaking.

"I don't think Max is going to wake up." The doctor says.

"What are you proposing?" Sara asks.

"It's pains me to say this but, I think you should let Max go."

"But, he's my son!" Sara exclaims.

"Yes,but what good is it for him to just be laying there not getting any better."

"Sara, I think he's right." Paul says.

I can hear Sara crying.

"All I need to hear you say is'okay' and I can go ahead with the procedure." The doctor says.

"Okay." I can barely hear Sara say.

They walk back in and I stand up to block them from Max.

"You can't put Max down! He's a human not an animal. He'll get better! I promise." I say.

"Scarlett this is for Max's well-being." Sara says.

"No it's not. It's just they don't want Max to be here any longer because they need to free some space." 

"Can you get some people in here to help." Paul asks and the doctor nods.

A few minutes later the doctors who are gonna do the procedure and two bigger doctors come in and grab me.

They try to pull me out but, I don't get moved. Finally they pull me two feet and I start yelling.

"MAX! WAKE UP! MAX! YOU NEED TO WAKE UP OR ELSE THEY'RE GONNA KILL YOU!" The doctors swarm around the bed and I can't see Max.

"MAX!" I yell one last time.

"Scarlett?" Someone croaks. The doctors part and Max sits up. I pull away from the doctors and hug Max.

"Max, they were gonna put you down." I cry and Max wraps his arms around me.

"I wouldn't let that happen." He smiles.

The doctors do some tests on him and declare that he is ready to go home.

*At the Mills house*

We get home and wait for Harvey to get home.

He walks in and Max says, "Hey Harvey."

Harvey says, "Hey, Ma- MAX! Your home!" He runs up to him and hugs him.

I whisper in Harvey's ear, "And just in time. They almost put Max 'down'."

*At night*

I sleep over at the Mill's house with Harvey. We're laying in bed and I tears start to stream down my face.

"What's wrong?" Harvey asks.

"If I wasn't there to delay the procedure Max would be dead." I cry and Harvey wraps his arms around me.

"It's okay.The only thing that matters is that you were there and that Max is alive now."