Chapter 8

Cinder and Jacin quickly reached the palace, it was because of the transportation they were on. Cinder had never rode a horse because it was only used by the lunar aristocrats, cinder was afraid to get on it at first but jacin being all grumpy and threatening to blame her if something happened to the princess because of her girly drama and making them late made cinder super angry.

She pushed Jacin from the front and sat in front of him handling the reins and drove off in full speed, she had zero experience in riding a horse and she was really surprised that the horse started moving when she kicked its neck but the truth is that the horse started to choke and ran crazily in all directions.

Though they crashed into a few shops and ran onto some men they sure reached the palace in one piece. Jacin was far more than pissed, scared and angry, all three combined.

"Have you lost your mind, why did you do that? I was sure that I saw heaven at some point in your crazy horse riding spectacle. Next time do it when you are the only one on the horse."

Cinder put her hands on her waist, "Well, you were the one who said that we need to hurry and you even called my first time on a horse as girly drama, what can I think of those? So I showed you my braveness".

Jacin looked really annoyed, "You call that braveness? It was a suicide attempt, No, it was a murder attempt. You were on the verge of killing my horse and me, don't ever get on a horse ever in your life."

Cinder crossed her arms and pouted, "Now come on we need you to set yourself before I leave to find the princess."

With that Jacin started walking towards a gate on the sideways, it was not the main entrance, they were going to sneak inside. When jacin first asked her to glamour herself as winter she gave a big NO but when he said he would free her from her slavery from Adri, she couldn't help but be tempted.

She still didn't know what the worst punishment would be for glamouring and acting as the princess because no one has ever done that until today. She certainly felt ashamed of being proud of substituting a princess and the worst agreeing to do it for a bribe.

She really felt ashamed of her, all the things she thought she would never do in her life was happening right now. She is going to use her glamour again after a long time not like the small glamours she would use on iko to prevent her from going crazy but a full glamour for a longer duration and she was doing it for a bribe which is certainly the worst.

Jacin opened the wooden door and gestured her to go in first, she walked in and realised that it was a tunnel, she turned and looked at jacin who was closing the door and switching on a torch, "Now listen, we are going to sneak in the princesses room and you will set your glamour there and then I will take you to the queen and declare that you are back, the rest is your acting skills, do you understand?"

"But what if my glamour drops before the queen?" Jacin started to walk, "Then you will be dead the next second." Cinder felt really scared now, acting like a princess and keeping up a glamour is really hard.

They reached a door, Jacin took a key from his pocket and opened the door, the walked into a really big room. Her whole shop could fit in this place, there was a big comfy and fluffy bed in the middle. The whole place looked clean and bright, "This is the princesses room, you are going to stay here for two days."

He walked up to a closet and opened it. There was a dozen of beautiful gowns inside, she could spot one or two dresses made by her, "Put on a dress and set your glamour as the princess then I will teach you how to behave like a princess"

Cinder went inside the dressing room which was bigger than her room back at Adri's, her room wasn't a room actually it was the attic with a few sheets draped over one another to make a bed and a small closet with two dresses.