Chapter 6

Kai looked out of his hover, it was dark. He figured out that the sun never rises on Luna for a whole month and they had to live with artificial lights inside a drome.

The drome was so bright, it was really a scientific marvel but he knew that Earth was far better than this and he would never trade his planet for any scientific marvel in this universe.

And he felt that almost all the people in artemisia were rich. There was not a single beggar he could see in the main city, "So much for being in poverty?" He thought. That's the reason he got from Levana to make him marry the princess so that his kingdom could help them to get above the poverty line.

He sighed, he knew that, that excuse was lame and Levana's goal was to ultimately target his planet but they didn't have any option to go with. The spreading of Letumosis had to be stopped to protect his citizens and it was his duty so he didn't have choice, even if he had to gouge out his own eyes he would do it.

He sure did some research about the royal family and about his soon to be wife Princess Winter. She was really the most beautiful women he had ever seen but something in his heart said that this was not meant to be.

He also found that Winter didn't glamor herself to look perfect but it was natural, on the other hand, her step mother queen Levana was mentioned as a cruel and selfish ruler but Kai didn't need any blogs to tell him about her because he had his own experience.

His first meeting with the Queen made it clear to him that she was a manipulative witch, the way she almost persuaded his father into marrying her made him hate her even more and now she is trying to make a move on him with her stepdaughter.

Uhhh Kai ran his hands through his gelled hair, he couldn't think of all the torture he would face if he married Winter but did he have a choice? He was doing this for his kingdom and he wouldn't care even if he dies in the attempt.

The hover started to shake and it hit the ground at last and smokes started coming out of the engine. Kai started coughing and got down, "What is the problem?" The driver got down, "Your majesty, there is some problem in the engine, I will fix it up right now."

Kai sighed, "Be quick, it is not good to be late." but Kai wanted to be late, he wished that the engine had damage far beyond repair, he wished that they would never reach the palace but he had to face his nightmare and he can't back out now.

He looked around the place where they stopped, it was a street, a small one. It was dark with only two lamps, but as per the earthen time it was the day but he wondered if there were any day and night system in Luna.

He decided to roam a bit but Torin walked towards him, his hover and the other dozen hover's that followed his hover caught up and was standing behind his hover in a straight line reaching up to the end of the street, it was not his idea to bring these many people but Torin insisted that the whole cabin had to meet their future Empress for smooth running of the kingdom.

"Your majesty I don't think you should go roam around, Luna is not safe and the lunars are not trustworthy." Kai sighed, "Torin I need to get to know this place and you know there are some earthen's staying here so there wouldn't be any problem."

Torin shook his head, "Definitely no, we are not arguing about this." Kai slumped back on a nearby wall frustrated, "Your majesty get inside in one of the other hovers let the driver repair it and bring it afterwards."

Kai shook his head, he didn't want to go to the palace soon and put an end to his happy life, he wanted to get delayed probably just head back home but that was not possible, "uhh we will wait for some time, I think it will be over in a few minutes."