My Mother

The war was fierce and severe - the allied forces were on the offensive. Blood ninjas looked perplexed and fearful. It was reasonable - two giant susano'os of Itachi and Sasuke, great medic Sakura, Byakugan users - Neji, Hinata and Himawari, Taijutsu users - Lee and Burrizu Lin, swordsmen league ninja, eight Shin-Lin siblings holding Diyuma energy, the new Diyuma wielder who used Colourful Sand - Shamo, the sand master - Lord of the Desert, Gaara - himself, with all of his people, Leaf ninjas with extremely great chakra abilities, and even a Blood Style user, Shusui, with all his other three cousins and sister added - Mekano, Kaen, Hana, and Nami - all of these, along with many other allies, were extremely dangerous ninjas to oppose. And now all of them were gathered together to teach Blood ninjas a good lesson.

"These guys are going to pulverize us!" Hai grumbled, "We must use strategy!"

"Hey, look at that guy!" Rubi pointed her and the other Blood ninjas on Shinki - the magnet style user, Gaara's adoptive son, who used his skeleton puppet skillfully to eliminate the enemy troops. "Doesn't that Diyuma Guardian look concerned about that child?" she frowned, and indeed, Hai and others could notice how Gaara kept his eye on Shinki and fought with the enemies at the same time.

"Yes, you're right!" Hai puckered too, "Maybe that boy is important for him... And as Diyuma Guardian controls the whole western troop army, we should strike him first... So targeting that boy will confuse him for good..." she grinned.

"You said it sis!" Rubi smirked as well, "Let's go!" and she yelled: "Blood Style: Blood Rain!"

Instantly, blood icicle droplets rushed towards Shinki!

Shinki was fighting with others at that time. When he noticed the droplets, it was already too late - the icicles were really close!

"Ah!" he cried and raised his sand shield, but the icicles, stronger than this hastily gathered sand, pierced through them, and were about to strike!

Gaara widened eyes in pure shock.

"Shinki!!!" he cried in worry and rushed towards his son to help!

Shamo heard them too and gasped in dread!

Bloody red dust arose... Then everything went silent... Shinki could no more be seen...

Rubi grinned.

"Got him!" she chuckled.

The Blood ninjas grinned and went on the offensive.

Gaara's lips trembled in terror...

Did he... Did his son really die??!!

But no... The dust started aerating, and someone other appeared there, near Shinki's silhouette...

Shinki was dropped on the ground, sitting there stupefied, and a tall woman in a white kimono, having fire-coloured hair tied in a ponytail, her right bang covering her right eye, her left eye being black, was standing near him. Her teeth resembled fangs, and her purple nails had turned into sharp claws. Her eye was shimmering in rage. She was snarling to the albino sisters.

White soul energy was around her, and the blood icicles had hit this energy and fallen off.

Shinki watched the woman astonished, not knowing who she was - he saw her for the first time... Though she, and her pose, reminded her of someone...

Oh, yes, Shamo...

And Gaara, seeing this woman, widened eyes in shock and... affection...

"Orchid..." he whispered.

Rubi and Hai puckered in rage.

"Why should she always pop in..?" Rubi was irritated.

The woman looked back at Shinki and grinned kindly:

"How are you there, kid?"

"Um... fine... I guess..." Shinki murmured, and stood up. "Thanks, lady..."

"Call me Lao Shin, hun," she chuckled, "No need of formalities..."

"Lao Shin?!" and Shinki gasped, remembering his father's words...

So this woman was his lover?!

He looked upon her...

Now he understood why his father was affectionate of this Lao Shin... She was indeed... special...

And she saved her out of the blue, not even knowing... he was Gaara's son...

Such a kind kunoichi... from foreign continent...

And there, Shinki remembered his distant memories... a picture that would always pop up in his mind...

A black-haired woman, whose face he could not remember, hugging him tightly... holding him in her warmth...

His mother he could not recollect...

He widened eyes. This woman held such warmth, similar to his long deceased mother's...

And in very first time of his life, tear came to his eye...

"May I... call you mom?" he modestly asked.

Hearing this, Lao widened eyes in stupefaction.

"I... I am Gaara's adoptive son..." Shinki explained.

Lao first was astounded, but then a kind beam covered her face.

"Sure, son," she replied.

Shinki widened eyes, and beamed back to the kind woman.

Lao then puckered and looked at the albino sisters.

"As for you, you're going to pay for hurting my son!" she yelled, and cried: "Shamo, unleash the spirit!"

At these words, all the Blood ninjas trembled in fear and stepped back, starting fearful whispers.

The albino sisters puckered, being nervous themselves too.

Lao looked at Gaara standing there nearby, and grinned.

Gaara smiled, guessing her sign.

Shamo wove signs and shouted:

"Black Eye: Diyuma Release!"

Instantly, yellow soul energy burst up around her, and her right bang raised, her left green eye closing, causing her right eye, the Black Eye, to open!

She roared in an infernal manner and transformed into a giant hell horse, Diyuma!

Now she could hold her powers exceptionally well, as her father had trained her formidably.

Gaara instantly rushed forward and jumped up high, landing on Diyuma's back, its yellow energy strands attaching to his body, and they formed a bond!

"Mekano, come!" he cried to Shamo's cousin he long knew his daughter had affections for.

Seeing Diyuma and hearing Gaara's cry, Mekano, who was throwing his explosive robo-bombs at enemies, rushed forward too and also jumped on Diyuma's back, being attached to it too!

"No, Diyuma has two guardians?!" the Blood ninjas exclaimed in horror.

"No way..." Hai and Rubi murmured.

Lao grinned and yelled:

"Ninjas, attack!"

Instantly, the whole allied forces rushed forward, along with Diyuma, and started slaughtering the enemies, while Diyuma aimed its giant yellow energy ball on the albino sisters, and blew it at them!

"Ah!" Hai and Rubi formed a blood shield around themselves, but the ball broke it to droplets, and hit the sisters, exploding!

The shiny light covered the area...

Diyuma's victorious roar echoed through the lands...

It was over...