Just Another Boring Day on the Ship

The huge ship, Super Ocean Express, was sailing at sea. The poorer refugees had some common rooms in the middle depth of the ship, while the rich people, like Feudal Lord's family members, Okikage's family members, and Shin-Lin cousins, had luxury cabins in the upper part of the ship.

On the board of the ship there was a big pool which could be covered by the automatic roof at any time in case of rain, and the captain's cabin was two floors higher than the board. Now captain was in there, steering the helm and steadily moving the ship through the ocean.

"Uhh, when will this tiresome journey end?!" Kaen was annoyedly leaning on the ship hand-rails on the board at the bow, "I hate traveling through the water!"

"Ugh quit whining already!" Hana, who was sunbathing on the blue chaise-longue near the pool, having a blue umbrella shading her head, frowned to him, and adjusted her sunglasses, looking down at her music player, choosing another tune which she would listen with her pink headphones. She seemed to be enjoying herself in this hot weather, being dressed in green swimming suit, her belly left uncovered as usual.

Kaen rolled eyes and put strawberry lollipop in his mouth.

"I hate this ship..." he grunted.

"Come on, Kaen, it is fun!" Nami gigglingly cried, playing in the pool.

"Maybe for you, water guys, but I love fire and I hate this wet puddle we're floating through..." Kaen didn't quit complaining.

"As if you don't use water style yourself..." Hana rolled eyes in indignation.

"I only use it in combinations, not a big deal," Kaen puckered.

"Seriously, Kaen, give us a break," Shusui calmly reprimanded his elder cousin, himself enjoying the pool, "If you're so bored go read a book, listen to music, play a game, or watch something... Just don't bother us with your lamentations..."

"Ugh Shusui, mind your own business, will you?" Kaen puckered, almost biting his candy with his teeth from anger, but then he suddenly brightened: "But on the other hand, you're right!" and he ran off to Mekano, who was doing exercises with dumbbells there on the board, his chest being uncovered as he suffered from the hot sun. Kaen came up to him and asked him with pleading eyes: "Oh, Mekano, please play cards with me!"

Mekano's red eyeball of his red robotic eye moved, glancing at younger cousin.

"Not interested," was short answer.

Kaen got depressed and hung his head.

"Fine then..." and he hideously grinned, continuing in sad voice: "And I was going to bet on the beer from Land of Gold I acquired in the shop earlier..."

Hearing this, all of the cousins, including Shamo who was relaxing and meditating there on the board, cocked up and glanced at the two boys.

Catching the words 'Beer from Land of Gold', Mekano smirked and turned towards Kaen.

"Deal," he declared.

Kaen brightened and clenched his fists with joy.

"Yes!"

And so, the boys sat on the floor on the board, and Kaen took out the cards.

"First show me the bottle of beer you've got," Mekano demanded.

Kaen chuckled proudly and took out two small wooden bottles of Golden Beer he had got.

Mekano smiled in satisfaction.

"Which game do you want to play?" Kaen asked.

"You're younger, so I'll let you choose," Mekano chivalrically passed choice unto him, having an ironic smile.