Gaara the Amazing Uncle

Gaara walked back in his office and wanted to get back to his paperwork, when suddenly he heard robotic footsteps walking in.

He cocked up and carefully listened, staying calm.

"Lord Kazekage, we need to talk..." he heard a deep, somewhat strict voice.

Slight smile covered his face as he looked back and glanced upon Mekano.

"I'm listening," he gave a calm reply, leaning on his writing desk.

Mekano frowned and walked up to him, his red eye glittering.

"You need to train us all, not only Shamo," Mekano declared, and then sighed. "I know we're not related to you by blood or anything, but..." he puckered, looking down, "our parents are at war. They clearly need our help but they say we're not ready yet..." he clenched his metal fist," Well we want to be ready! And you are the only one who can prepare us!" he had a pleading gaze, "Please, Lord Kazekage!"

Gaara beamed to him.

"Mekano, you all are nephews and nieces to me," he said. "You're Shamo's cousins, her brothers and sisters, and the children of my beloved, and my old friends. I do perceive you as a family. Lao wrote me in that scroll to train you whenever I could, and I will do so. I will make sure we all are able to help your elders in the east".

Hearing this, Mekano widened eyes.

"What? You mean..."

"Yes. I will send my troops over the ocean, to the eastern continent, and lead them myself, to aid Hidden Fir in battle," Gaara smiled.

Mekano gasped, his eyes brightening.

"Amazing..." he mumbled, and grinned: "Now that I call a man!"

Gaara laughed.

"Seriously, thank you very much..." Mekano smiled, "We need all the support we can get".

"Well then, the training starts tomorrow," Gaara said.

"Fine," Mekano slightly bowed and walked out, being really happy.

Shamo has such a cool father... he thought, while walking to the Lin boys' new room. I hope we all get stronger... he looked at his mechanic arm. Maybe I can finally understand more about my powers...

---

On the second day, Hana, who was taken to the Hidden Sand hospital, finally woke up. She noticed her neck was bandaged, and she couldn't speak...

It got her nervous. Then her memories started popping up - of how she got kidnapped, taken to the underground base... Then how her cousins and some strangers came to her rescue, and how she felt pain on her throat, after which she quickly blacked out...

Oh god, did those damn bandits really cut her?!

She hastily rubbed her bandaged neck, and got certain it was cut... heavily. And she understood why she couldn't speak... She could open her mouth, but utter no words...

Tears came to her eyes - why did this disaster happen?! Would she never be able to speak again?! Oh god, not only that!

She got stressed and worried, leaping up, but she felt weak and tired, falling back on her bed.

Suddenly the door opened and a nurse came in, checking on her. When she saw she was awake, she gasped and exclaimed:

"Oh, you woke up already!"

Hana got scared and glanced upon her fearfully, not knowing what reaction to have - what was this place? Was she again in another base of bandits, or at a safe place?