CHAPTER 14

Unedited as usual.

"Hey Laur, what's up, you just got quiet after your phone call?" Trish asked me as I stood by the window by myself thinking.

I turned around to face her.

"So, Ross just called, and he said our managers spoke, and we're having a meeting tonight." I said as I waved around the phone in my hand.

It was half an hour after I got the phone call from ross and I just couldn't get it out of my head. I had put Ryder to sleep and he was sprawled on a coach in the bouquet where the other girls were trying on their dresses.

She shrugged. "Probably about the whole trending thing."

I sighed "Yeah maybe."

This was gonna bug me.

"Forget it, your dress is ready." She said putting her arm across my shoulder and pulling me

--------------------------------------

After our successful appointment at the bridal store we went out to lunch.

Thankfully it was a high class restaurant and though people still stared no one came up to me and asked for autographs or pictures.

"So where's the honeymoon Trish?"   Rydel asked as we sat around the table eating lunch.

She grinned before placing her glass down "Well Alex wouldn't tell me, but I have this gut feeling it's going to be Dubai."

"Dubai? I've seen pictures, it's beautiful" Rowan asked eyebrows raised.

"Yeah, he asked me like a week after we got engaged what I thought about it, so I think that's where we're going." She grinned.

"So Laura have you spoken to ross?"  Rydel asked turning to me.

I swallowed y hard.

"Uh yeah I have, he called." I answered.

All eyes turned to me.

"he called you?" Rowan asked eyes wide a smile beginning on her face.

I chuckled "guys it's not like that. he just called to say that our managers organized a meeting for us tonight." I told the other girls.

"Bull. He just wants a reason to call you, I mean you manager could have called you when she was ready." Rowan said.

I shrugged and fed my son.

"Look Laura I know you told me off, but I just reall need to ask a question about Ryder's dad." Rowan said a few seconds later under her voice.

I turned away from my son to look at her.

"Look Row, I love you, and I understand your curiousity I mean it kills e everyday thinking that someday Ryder's gonna get older and ask me about his dad, but for the time being and I guess forever I don't want to talk about it." I said sternly.

Rowan had this sick obsession of finding ryder's father and believing that it's ross. That could never happen, sure ross was their that night, book we never spoke to each other, we came in no contact! I avoided him for a reason for all those years, and I would never let just one night change anything. it was no different to the other award nights which I avoided him for all those years.

"I know but It just add up-" She began again.

"Drop it Row, Laura doesn't want to talk about it."  Rydel said to her little sister sternly.

"Fine." Rowan sulked.

"I still love you. and I appreciate what you're doing. but I- I don't think I could deal with this now." I said to her.