🌸CHAPTER 17🌸

I know it's been a while. I'm really sorry. I honestly wasn't going to update this until I finished FIREFLY but someone asked me and they told me how much it meant to them so I decided to update this book. I hope you I like this chapter

Comment and vote

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Trish' wedding was on a bomb level. It was so emotional that there was practically I few minutes break for her to do over her makeup because of how much she'd cry.

When Alex was saying his vows, he had a screen showing pictures of them when they were younger, some included Ross and I, and nostalgia hit so hard that I almost feel to the floor with heart ache at how far Ross had come.

The reception, was sweet but didn't have as much crying as the service which I thanked God for, cuz I don't think my make up would have survive one more dose of me crying.

Waking up the next morning, my feet are still killing me from the heels that I wore last night. And to think I'd be comfortable since I wear them all the time, even to dance when I'm performing.

Ryder,  was still at my parents, since they left the reception early, because Logan wanted to sleep. And they said I should stay and enjoy myself. I'm actually surprised that I hadn't drink till I couldn't tell my mouth from my toes.

After taking a shower and dressing, I walked into my leaving room to retrieve my phone, only to see I have unread message.

Wanna have breakfast? - Ross

My eyebrows instantly raised at the spontaniousness of the message.

My mind was spinning with assumptions as to why he'd want to have breakfast with me. Maybe it was to catch up? I mean we never really got any alone time. Or it could just be to keep up the act that we're dating

Sure, I'll meet you at Bobby's in 30 mins

That's fine, I'll come pick you up - Ross

My eyes widened

No it's fine, I'll just meet u there.

I'm kind of already on my way Peony, stop fighting with me. - Ross

Ignoring the swarm of butterflies in my belly when he called me peony I rolled my eyes before shoving an white converse on my feet.

Within ten minutes the door bell rang making me grab my purse and phone.

"Hi." I smiled up at Ross after I answered the door.

"Hey." He gave me a small smile. "You ready?"

"Yes, let me just lock the door."

After we got settled into his car we made small talk " so where's Ryder?"

"He's at my dad's. They left with him last night a bit early." I smiled remembering how he tried fighting his sleep by struggling to keep his eyes open.

"He's a great kid." Ross said. One hand on the steering wheel as the other rest on the window.

"He is. he's my everything."

"So uh- who's his dad?"

The car immediately filled with silence as Ross' question really registered to me.

Over the past mo the I've been constantly asked, who Ryder's father was. And I've been pretty good at hiding that unknown fact by telling the media and fans 'that I wanted to keep Ryder's father a secret, for mine his, and my sons sake.' And I've gotten away with it.

But this was different. This was Ross. Ever persistent and observing Ross. And I don't known how much I could keep up the act.

Of course the girls knew, I had no idea who's Ryder's father was, and now with not only mine, but also Rowan's suspicion that the man sitting besides me could just damn well be the father of my baby, was crazy.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked that. It's none of my business." Ross said ripping me out of my thoughts.

"Uh it's okay."

I said as we pulled into the parking lot of Bobbies House a dinner that I've fell in love with since I've been back.

When Ross made our way in, it there was about three people just sitting and eating, which was refreshing, because there was so much that shades and pulling my bait over my face could do.

When Ross and I took a table for two at the very back,  waited came not too long after to take our orders.

The entire time I could feel Ross' eyes on me, even when I wasn't looking at him.

A few minutes of silence I gazed up at him with a smile to see him staring at me still "so..."

"So..." He repeated a hint of a small smile playing on his face till it was masked with seriousness. "There's actually a reason I asked you out for breakfast."

"Really?" I smiled. He nodded. When I realized he wasn't going to say anything else I asked "And that is?"

He stared at me. Looking me directly in eyes, before scanning my entire face then zeroing back to my eyes.

He took a deep breath before, closing his eyes before opening again . Who really is Ryder's father Laura."