29

"Now. . ." Miss Clementine began. "I'd say cambridge blue is the best color on you, am I wrong?"

Autumn stared at Miss Clementine, unsure how to answer. After a few seconds, she just shook her head.

Miss Clementine slapped Autumn's hand — which hurt a lot, mainly because Miss Clementine wore rings. "Wrong again, Autumn. You'd look best with azure blue, not cambridge blue. We're not apes, you know."

Autumn held her hand and rubbed where it hurt the most.

"Where were we? Oh yes. . ." 

Everyone from the orphanage was with Autumn while she was shopping. Miss Clementine was making sure Autumn bought 'appropriate things'. 

Dresses, skirts, blouses, heeled shoes, even socks were bought. While most of the things Miss Clementine bought for Autumn were dresses, they were almost always blue, lavender, or lilac. The blouses were always white or blue, and the skirts were an arrangement of blue, lilac, or white.

Shoes were the worst part; Autumn told Miss Clementine her shoe size, but none of the shoes fit. That resulted in her getting slapped. When the shoes finally fit her feet, they were just plain uncomfortable. There was nothing Autumn wanted more than to wrap herself up in her Hogwarts uniform and sit by the fire in the common room. But alas, nothing Autumn has ever wanted came true.

Then, jewelry of all different types were forced into Autumn's bag as they paid for it all with Miss Clementine's credit card.

"So, Autumn." Miss Clementine said as they walked back into the orphanage. "If you were wearing your blue halter dress, what shoes, jewelry, and makeup would you wear with it?"

"Um. . ." Autumn thought about the question. "Black flats, gold necklace and bracelet, and a natural makeup look?" Autumn looked hopeful with her answer. She was so sure it was the right one, or at least, part of it was right.

Suddenly, the back of Miss Clementine's hand met Autumn's face. 

"No, you fool! You wear the classic three inch heel,-" Miss Clementine slapped Autumn. "-with the silver necklace,-" She shoved Autumn against a wall. "-silver bracelet,-" She slapped Autumn once again, but now with much more force.

Autumn scrambled away, running in the opposite direction, but Miss Clementine grabbed her by the hair and forced Autumn to the ground.

"-and a cat eye with gold shimmer!" Miss Clementine struck Autumn in the chest. "How is that so hard to remember!" She yelled. "You are useless!" She swung at Autumn again. "Completely useless!" Miss Clementine kicked Autumn in the shin.

Autumn tried to crawl away, but she had no luck.

"No wonder your parents left you. You're awful and horrid and abominable! You don't deserve this!" Miss Clementine stuck Autumn over, and over, and over again until Autumn felt numb.

Miss Clementine finally stood up tall and straightened out her clothes, leaving Autumn in a state of shock.