1-Destini

"'CLANK!'  The blade hit the wall as I ducked.  I elbowed my attacker in his abdomin and ran from him into another hallway.  My footsteps echoed and I panted loudly.  Then my footsteps were accompanied by another set.  I turned, almost tripping over my own feet, to see him sprinting after me.  We stormed through the hall as he dodged the rogue items I sent hurdling at him.  I turned the corner and my body suddenly felt weak.  My heart shot out of my chest and my breath escaped from my lips.  I struggled to reach up to my chest and when I felt the warm piece of metal, he retracted it from my flesh.  I dropped to the floor and lay on my back, gasping for life as my blood escaped my body and my murderer into the darkness, it now covering me with its cold horror."  The room was silent after I had finished.  I had everyone's attention.

    "That was great, Nathan." My teacher had a disgusted face as she patted my back, allowing me to sit down.  "Very creative, and very discripted,"  I walked to my seat as she said something that was suppose to be under her breath, "and very disturbing."  Then the bell rang and we got up to leave.  I met Debbenie in front of the class as it diffused into the hallway.

    "Damn boy, that was evil." She said.

    "And that was just the last part." I replied smiling.  "And you're in it too." I added.

    "What?  Really?  You should let me read it."  We finally got into the hallway.

    "Ok, I'll bring it tomorrow." I gave her a hug before I turned the corner into another hallway.

    "Cool." She turned and left as I headed for my class.  I got to my seat and waited for instructions.  I turned on the computer and the fax machine, that served as a printer too.  I was the only one to have it.  They both whirred to life.

    "Alright class, let's begin our lesson." The teacher began to talk when suddenly the fax began to sprout a piece of paper.  It had writing on it.  I pulled it out of the machine and read it:

    She left the room, insuspicious of what was about to happen.

    It was in my hand writting instead of computer print.  I looked around to see who could have sent me the message but the only computer that was turned on was Destini's.

    "Did you send me this?" I whispered to her since she sat by me.

    "No." She replied.  I watched as she booted up her account onto the computer.  "Can I go to the restroom." She asked.  The teacher said yes and she rushed to the door.

    "Hey, D," She stopped and looked at me.  "Lunch is on me." I said and she nodded then left.

    I was planning on working with Destini on our group work but she didn't come back.  The class ended and I headed to meet her at the spot we usually meet but she wasn't there either.  I waited for a while and still nothing so I figured she forgot and left.

    After I finished my lunch and came back to school, the police were everywhere, swarming the school.  As I walked up to the school an officer approached me.

    "Young man." He lowered his shades and revealed his eyes.  "Where were you during lunch?" He rested his right hand on his hip, his fingers over his gun.

    "I was at Little Ceasar's eating." I sounded a little nervous.  "Why?  What happened?"

    "Do you know this girl?" He asked, ignoring my quiestion.  He pulled out a baggie with a bloody I.D. inside.  My hair stood on edge and  I suddenly felt heavy... The I.D. inside of the baggie, covered in thick blood, was Destini's.