Chapter 18

He was asking me to go with him? What should I do? It would actually be fun to go with Nick. Obviously he doesn’t have any bad intentions right? No. So my answer is yes.

I smile and feel the warmth of my cheeks, if I wasn’t tan it would completely stand out but for now I know it’s subtle. “Nick, I would love to go with you to the dance.” I quickly embrace him into a hug and can feel my heart speed a little, nothing compared to when I so much as touch Liam.

“Really? I seriously didn’t think you’d say yes. I mean the new kid with the girl everyone wants to go with?” His comment seemed to be more of a whisper to himself than to be said out loud but either way I’m blushing like a dork.

Giggling like a school girl I smile. “That’s really sweet but an overestimate. I’m glad you asked me. I was going to go alone but I guess not.”

“Well beautiful,” he pulled my hand and kissed it palm face down, “I will pick you up at five thirty for dinner.” He ruffled his hair and was on his way to his first period; leaving me smiling and my cheeks feeling sore.

Today was the night of the dance and since I was a part of the planning committee I had to miss my last two periods of the day. I will have to admit that the decorations came out awesome. But I’m beyond tired. My shift finishes in less than ten minutes and then I can go home. I’m actually going to have Giselle dress up at my house and her date’s meeting her there.

I still haven’t spoken to Taylor on why he was so insistent of me attending the dance and I forgot to tell him I have a date so I’m going either way. Liam has texted me and he’s been so busy lately. Maybe it’s best if I just try to let go of my feelings about him.

“Oh my gosh you are the hottest Pirate I have ever seen Giselle. Whoa I think I might turn lesbian for that. But then again Chanel is going to be a sexy princess” We joked and laughed about our costumes as songs from my playlist blared, particularly having “Tonight I’m Getting Over You’ by Carly Rae Jepsen on repeat. The corset dress fit my body perfectly and I actually felt beautiful for once. Tonight I was going to be another person, someone who wasn’t going to let anything ruin her night.

After about forty minutes I heard a door knock. Taylor answered and called both Giselle and I down. We descended the stairs and Taylor’s face looked a bit- surprised? Before I could greet Nick Taylor grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the living room.

“You have a date for the dance?” He asked in a rushed voice.

“Yeah I have a date. What’s so wrong about that?”

“Didn’t you say you wanted to go with Liam?”

“He turned me down because he had a job he committed to before. I’m fine with that but Nick asked me yesterday and I didn’t have a date so why not go with Nick?”

“Sirena… alright have fun. I’ve got some things to handle.” Taylor kissed my forehead and rushed up to his room, shutting the door.

Is it wrong that I asked Liam and when he said no I went with someone else?

No. It’s fine. I mean nothing by it with Nick. Right? Ugh whatever. Nothing is ruining my night.

I swiftly walk to the door and see Nick standing alone.

“Oh Giselle left with her date and she told me to tell you she’d see you there.”

“Oh thanks, I’m sorry I had you waiting it’s just my brother…”

“Was being overprotective?” He was being protective? Sure why don’t we say that because honestly I don’t understand why he was acting like that.