Chapter 14

“Ry, what should I tell Tay about the magazine thing? I’m sure he has seen it by now.” I asked Ry while organizing my books in my locker.

“Just tell him the truth. He already knows who Liam is so he should trust him. I doubt he is going to make a big deal like how he did with Rob; I mean you’re almost eighteen.”

“I guess you’re right. Should I text him really quick and like explain it or should I wait for him to call me?”

“Your choice but he is going to be coming today so I would just wait.”

“Well yeah but-“ Before I could finish my sentence we all heard the clacking of heels coming behind me. I turned to see someone who looked similar to Hazel. HOLD ON…That is Hazel. She wasdressed in the shortest of black shorts that they almost looked like underwear. She had long thigh length heel boots that screamed Slut and she had her face caked in makeup and it looked as if she was partially related to a clown. She had silver hoop earrings, which were a present from me last year for her birthday, and a black bracelet. Her hair was no longer dirty blonde but white with streaks of a reddish orange color.

Her eyes were no longer Hazel but a green color which only meant that she was wearing colored contacts. Her whole image was transformed and, in my opinion, not in a good way. She strutted towards me and we were then face to face (I was slouching on my locker, since I am taller than her, so we could be face to face), judging by everyone’s expression, this is the first day Hazel was back in school.

“Hey Sirena. Did you get my note?” She had the sickest of sweet smiles and her attitude dripped with fake cheerfulness. Two can play this fake sweetness Hazel, I thought to myself.

“Sure did Hazel.”

“My name’s no longer Hazel sweetie, it’s Candie.” Could you get any sluttier? And why does her name always have to do with some kind of food?

“Well, Candie? I see you got a new look.” She smiled her orange lipstick covered lips, exposing her newly bleached teeth.

“Oh can you tell? What do you think?” She did a little twirl to show off every aspect of her new transformation. What do I think? Hm… I think you look absolutely horrible and that is the definition of slut.

“Not exactly my taste but it definitely expresses who you are.” That is a slut. Haz-I mean Candie then analyzed my outfit and then spoke.

“I see you have no problem in showing off a bit of skin.” Candie said with obvious sarcasm. I was currently wearing  a long- sleeved crop top and a  high purple skirt with heels. And the top exposed a little bit of my waist and you were able to see my belly button piercing which I have had since I turned fifteen.  So she wants to criticize me? We’ll see about that.

“Never did. I just don’t think showing off a bit of skin is wearing underwear as shorts. Do you?” I smirked inside seeing her eye start to twitch which meant I was getting under her skin which is exactly what I want. Candie quit her little sweet act and was finally acting real with me.

“Look whore, just because you caught me off guard with your little punch which by the way felt like a baby slap, doesn’t mean I am scared of you. Just so we’re clear, Cody is mine and don’t you think about trying to take him back because he obviously doesn’t want you. Got it?” I got off my locker and stood up straight so that I was towering over her but Candie didn’t back down.

“Who do you think you are Candie? You are still Hazel so just because you changed the way you look doesn’t mean I should change the way I look at you and that is with absolute hate. If my little baby slap didn’t hurt, then why were you out cold? I didn’t catch you off guard FYI, you threw the first move and I ended it. Believe me when I say, I want absolutely nothing to do with Cody Jameson and never will in this lifetime. So get a life because I am not worried about your threats because that’s all they are, threats.” And with that I slammed my locker closed, forgetting Ryan was next to me, and stalked off. Giselle and Chanel were by my side in seconds and people were surrounding me, congratulating me on how I told Hazel/Candie off. Just then the bell rang and Ry pulled me to my first period class, Math with Ms. Armstrong. I had a unit exam in her class which is why Ryan came over yesterday to study before I had to babysit,  so we were ready for this test and I was not about to get distracted because of the Candie drama.