Space Bound

2 Days Later

"Wake up." I said and she looked at me.

"Why?"

"We get to see my friends and family." I said and she smiled.

"I wanna go home."

"Almost there, we'll go to my mom's sister to have lunch. We'll take a nap and we'll go home." I said standing up. I grabbed all of our stuff and walked to the train door. The train doors opened and we walked down to baggage claim. We grabbed a cart and placed all the bags into it before we walked outside.

"Brianna!" I looked at the woman.

"Hazel!" I said and Aubrey held on to my jeans.

"Who is this?"

"My aunt." I told her and Hazel smiled.

"Who's this pretty girl."

"This is my sister, Aubrey."

"Hiiiiiii, Aubrey." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Hazel don't talk to her like she's a baby. She's just as smart as we are."

"Sorry Brianna." Hazel said and I walked with Hazel and Aubrey to the car. As I was putting the stuff in the car, Hazel tried to put Aubrey in the car.

"No." I said.

"What?"

"Kid goes last. I'd prefer to lose my stuff than my sister."

"Can you stop being so controlling?"

"I'm going to be very blunt, Hazel. My dad was a dick to me and he abandoned my sister and I. My mother is dead. You and her are the only blood family I have left. Since I'm legally her guardian, I'm legally responsible for her. So I'd really fucking appreciate if you didn't tell me to stop being so controlling because this right here is the only thing I can control." My phone started ringing and I answered it, while returning the cart back.

"Hey, Paulie." I said speaking to my manager Paul Rosenberg.

"How is California?"

"My aunt just told me to stop being so controlling and I wanted to choke her."

"Look, she doesn't realize how hard it is not having parents to help."

"If I had parents to help I wouldn't be making sandwiches for my little sister. My 42 year old dad should be doing this, her 26 year old mother should be doing this. But I, my father's 26 year old, is doing their job."

"Was that kid happy with them?" Paul asked.

"I doubt she was." I said walking towards the car. I walked to the drivers' side and looked at Aubrey. She smiled and I placed my nose on the window. She did the same and I smiled.

"She's happy with you right."

"Yes." I said and tucked the phone into my beanie. California has this law about hands free, Bluetooth whatever. You're hands can't be holding your phone.

"So you're doing your job."

"I'm trying to." I said and backed out of the parking space.

"No you are." He said.

"Aubrey, is your seatbelt buckled." I asked.

"No." She said.

"Damn it, Hazel." Hazel was about six weeks older than I was with a mentality of my thumb.

"Sorry."

"Paul. How's Em?" I asked and got out my car. I opened the back door and buckled her in.