West Coast

When I had awaken, Paul was laughing so hard and I stood up.

"Paul, I have to talk to you about what you said earlier."

"You're breaking up with me because you don't know what you want?" He asked.

"Right."

"I can still come see you and you'll still come see me right?"

"Yeah." I said and he kissed me.

Three months later

"Where's your daddy?" I asked Donavan and he laughed. I kissed his foot and I walked to the sink and washed his bottles out. I hadn't been able to wash my hair in two days. I could squeeze the grease out of my hair and Marshall could have fried chicken. I was so stressed, the only one who was here on a regular basis was Stephen and I still wanted Marshall's help. I was leaking all over the place and could not get the pump on quick enough.

"Brianna, I'm here." Marshall's voice said and I dropped the bottle.

"Fuck!" I said and grabbed another bottle. I wouldn't stop leaking.

"Brianna, you look like a piece of-." I was struggling to keep my cool, but then I snapped.

"Marshall we need to talk. I am loosing my mind."

"What's wrong?"

"Pretty isn't everything you punk ass! I haven't showered in two days. I haven't left the house in a week. I'm the mother, you are the father so pull your balls from out your anus and help me with your son. When I told you we could together it's for the benefit of me and him."

"I'm trying."

"You cared more for Hailie when you didn't have money."

"I'm sorry."

"No you're not. Whenever I leak it's like all hell breaks loose. You don't wanna be around but don't pull me by the horns if all you speak is bullshit." I said and Aubrey walked in.

"Can I feed him?" She asked and I placed the lid on the bottle. She grabbed him and took him into the living room.

"I want to be involved in his life."

"Paul has been here more than you and we aren't even together."

"I'm tired of hearing about Paul."

"It's my son."

"I put him there."

"I'm done arguing like honestly go away." I said and he looked at me.

"You're not finna stop the conversation."

"You can fuck off."

"What's your problem?"

"You are a piece of work. Like if I treated you the way you treated me, you'd kill yourself."

"I'm sorry." I took the pumps off and wiped myself off. I walked upstairs and walked into the bathroom. I sat on the floor and started crying. I'm not happy, I don't wanna be stuck at home all the time. I don't wanna smell like baby powder and breast milk. Shit is nasty. I took my clothes off and turned on the shower water. I took my hair out the bun and it fell halfway down my back. It was oily and gross. I rubbed shampoo thoroughly through it and when I finished I was happier. I was missing something however and that was home.

California.

See Marshall doesn't know I'm from there and moved here when I was five. But I'm going to talk to him now.

"Marshall." I said now that I was dressed and comfortable.

"Hey."

"Can I talk to you?" I asked and he nodded we walked to the backyard.

"Wassup?"

"You know I'm not from Michigan."

"What?"

"I moved here from Los Angeles when I was five."

"You're bring this up because."

"I wanna go back."

"How are you getting out of these leases?"

"I pay off what I have to and then I go home."

"How am I going to see my son?"

"I don't know, Marshall. All I know is I'm going to LA next week."

"Can we talk you're being ridiculous?"

"I'm ridiculous because I'm not happy? Fine Marshall. Fine I'll stay!" I said and I tied my hair back up. He hugged me and I sighed.

"Don't jump off a bridge because of me."

"No promises." I said and walked back in. When Marshall left I called Paul.

"Hey Walker." I said and he laughed.

"Hey, how's the relationship with Marshall?" I broke down.

"He just frustrates me, I don't wanna live in Michigan anymore. I'm so west coast not this. It's so hard not to hit him."

"Told you not to leave?"

"Pretty much."

"Where are you going to take Donavan?"

"I was going to take him with me."

"Come to LA. You can move in with me."

"What do you do about Project Marshall?"

"I can fucking kill him."

"No."

"I'm going to tell him I'm moving, that Donavan is coming with me, and that he's going to have to come to California to see him."

"Okay."

Morning

After a total of thirty minutes of sleep I was fed up.

"Yo, Donnie. Shut the hell up." I said and he did. I closed my eyes.

Marshall's POV

So my mother is the last person I'd ever run to asking for relationship advice but here I am.

"Marsh, you realize that if she said she's miserable here, let her ass move."

"Mom, my son."

"You are a better father to Hailie. You said you wanted her, she broke up with the perfect guy for you and now that she has you, you don't want her, she feels the tension and now she's a half-step away from dumping you."

"Donavan, needs me."

"Donnie, doesn't need you, he's well off with her. I saw the pictures in the magazines, she loves him and he adores her. Donnie is better off with her ex and he gay friend."

"That's not fair."

"We have planes, you can go see him."

"I don't want him to be there."

"Don't be a dick." She said and I nodded.

"I'll talk to her later."

Later

"Marshall, I'm moving. I'm not saying here and I'm not happy. I'm sad, there are too many memories here that I don't want so, bye." She said as she as unloading boxes.

"We'll miss you." I said and he sighed.

"I won't." She said and I kissed her cheek and she pushed me away.

"I can't talk right now, I'm pumping, and I'm trying to figure out how many boxes I need." She said and I kissed her again.

"If you're not helping then get out." She said and looked away.