Day 59 - Seeing Eye to Eye

The rumor of the wedding spread like wild fire in the Newsroom.

And everyone who are not in their inner circle are expecting some sort of announcement or confirmation from the two, when they finally reported to the Newsroom the following day.

But none came.

Even the rumor of Maine being temporarily blind seems to be unfounded because she came to office, eyes as sharp as ever, but wearing her old trusted eye glasses.

The two were gone for three working days, four including yesterday, when they were out doing mostly on-location interviews. They came to work together alright, but they did not see Maine spending her break inside RJ's office.

They did however, observed that aside from the yellow diamond ring that they spied Maine wearing on one occasion, more than a week ago, the two seem to be wearing what looks like couple rings.

Promise rings? or Wedding rings?

To make the matter worse, the usual suspects closed to the two are not talking. Their lips are sealed.

So it's up to the grapevine in the Newsroom to find their own source and confirm their suspicion that the two really got married in a private ceremony.

---------------

It was actually business as usual for the partners. The A&M Files team continued their last minute preparation inside the war room for their pilot episode that will air tomorrow.

Allison is still recuperating from the ordeal she experienced and is officially on leave.

"Kumusta Tatay Ed, nakuhanan na yung program intro ni RJ? Dadaan pa 'to sa editing, right? Baka hindi tayo umabot. It's already 3pm. Bukas na yung pilot. Okay na tayo sa program closing diba? Yun na yung kinunan mo sa 'min kanina?"

"Okay na Maine. Plakadong-plakado, ang ganda pa nang tinginan n'yo sa dulo. Na kay Direk Pete na yung video for final review."

Tatay Ed paused and scratched his head. "Itong program intro na lang and problema. Yung si Alden lang muna ang nasa frame. Binalik yung copy ng script e. For revision daw. Kahit si Direk Pete nagtataka."

"For revision yung script? E ako sumulat no'n ah. Bakit, anong reklamo niya? All he has to do is smile to the camera, show his dimples and deliver the lines. Period. No comma, no question mark!"

"Nakakalimutan mo yata Maine, editor din si Alden. Kayo kaya mag-usap. Cameraman lang ako. Kahit si Direk Pete ayaw makialam. Lalo na 'ko. Ayokong maipit sa nag-uumpugang bato."

Maine grabbed the script on top of the table and stormed out of the war room to go to his office.

---------------

Deja vu. This has happened before on her second day in the Newsroom. When they asked her to write a copy for the Morning News. Sumugod din siya sa office ni Alden Richards because of his edits on what she wrote.

There's one minor difference. They are now on equal footing. Faulkerson vs. Faulkerson.

With Tita Helen and Tatay Ed on her heels, she walked briskly and stormed into the office of her husband.

Closing the door behind her, she slapped the copy on top of his table, surprising him. They have agreed at least to not let people hear their arguments in the office.

"This 60-sec spiel goes in the script for the program intro. Bakit mo inedit-out?"

RJ looks at the paragraph he crossed out with red marker. "It's out! It doesn't belong there. It has to be replaced."