Day 32 - Ginalingan

A/N: Sa mga nagtatanong po kung iisa ang donor nila, that possibility is possible (ctto RFJ). Puwedeng oo, pero ang tanong ay sino at paano? (Out na po nanay ni Menggay, defective ang heart niya)

At ano ang kinalaman ni Dr Alvin na hinahanapan ko pa ng apelido. Alvin and the Chipmonks? Definitely No. Di naman puwedeng si Alvin Patrimonio, dahil hawak niya ay basketball at hindi eyeball, break it down.

Pansamantagal, natapos din ng ating romantic duo ang kanilang preliminary report bago maghatinggabi kahapon, Martes. Natural, may naghihintay na rin sa pintuan nang maihatid si Menggay kaya hindi nakahirit si Tisoy ng goodnight kiss sa kanilang first date.

Yes, ginalingan din ni Ate Ann, nasa labas ng pinto at nakabantay. (Akala n'yo ha!)

But yes, there's the hanging question of Tisoy and Menggay having their respective transplant operations on the same day almost 10 years ago. Two weeks ago to be exact. Inulit lang po for emphasis, minus one day dahil kahapon pa yon.

We'll have more on the that later.

---------------------

June 14, Wednesday. (para lang malinaw tayo sa ating 60-day timeline)

And so, the D-Day came for Sir Raffy and his team to present their official investigative report on the textbook corruption case. This will determine if the station will provide budget for a full-blown investigative report project that will be presented as a series of reports in one of their documentary programs.

Because of the confidential nature of some of the information and personalities, the audience is limited to selected producers and senior members of editorial staff who have approval on the matter.

Needless to say, the presentation of all the team members went well. From the overview of the allegation against the Secretary and the rationale of the investigation based on the COA report by Sir Raffy, to the discussion by the two reporters of the DepEd's reporting structure as it relates to the agency's procurement process of textbooks.

For our romantic duo, using their follow-the-textbook/follow-the-money storytelling concept, they were able to highlight at which point the corruption may have occurred and who are the possible personalities involved in the chain of command. They also presented the possible connections of these government personalities from the textbook writers and editorial review board to the publishing committee of two of the longest-serving publishing vendors of DepEd.

The connections were proven by sponsorship of events, projects, gifts ranging from small items to vehicles with photos gathered from the social media accounts of their families and friends, providing the indirect evidence.

They had a story to tell, complete with diagrams and photos.

They were articulate with their arguments presenting both side, without compromising their source.

They were able to outline the next set of action items, including the personalities to focus on and interview, supporting document as evidence to acquire and research on, as well as the challenges that might be encountered.

They were able to answer all the inquiries and devil's-advocate type of questions from the panel, with composure and poise. Kahit puyat.

Finally, Sir Raffy presented the budget needed to continue with the investigation and the resources required both in manpower and logistics.

Yes, ginalingan nila. Sobra.

So RJ and Maine were both surprised, as in equally surprised, when the go-signal was given to proceed as planned. Their names are no longer part of the official team.