Day 60 - The Heart Can See

A/N: Farewell to you my friends, we'll see each other again. Don't worry cause it's not the end of everything.

Eh yung Day 60 na late pa rin ang update, nasaan naman ang hustisya?

Past: July 12, 2007

RJ woke up and tried to familiarize himself with his new room. Isang araw pa lang siyang nakakalabas ng ICU, halos dalawang linggo pagkatapos siyang lagyan ng bagong puso.

Sounds weird if you want to think about it. A new heart inside your body? A new beating heart that came from somebody who's brain had already given up.

Yes, the operation had been successful. May panibagong buhay pa siya. And he's starting to feel better already. Madami pang adjustments. They have started receiving instructions already that the recovery period will not be easy and will in fact take time. Not months, but years.

Just to name a few. Lifetime medications to make sure that my body will not reject my new 'foreign' heart.

My face and body will bloat because of the medications. Endless and continuous tests. I will most likely suffer depression, etc, etc.

But he knows it will be worth it. New heart, new life, new outlook in life. Speaking of outlook, RJ turned to his side to open the drawer at his bedside table.

And took out the only memorabilia he had of her. While he owes his new lease in life, his new heart to his parents and to his unknown donor, he owes his new outlook in life to her, the owner of this transistor. That will never change.

Holding the transistor closed to his heart, he closed his eyes and placed himself in her world.

Menggay, I hope to find you someday, and return this to you. You are truly heaven- sent to me. Thank you for helping me, in your own little way to see hope to live and be alive again. Thank you for making me appreciate the different colors again.

I will forever be grateful.

Present: July 12, 2017

Happy News

Their topic that morning was all about memorabilia and the joy it brings to those who collect it. Maine showed a short video clips of photo snapshots of different people-related and event-related memorabilia and the people who collects them. Even some of the news anchors and a few celebrities were asked to name their most memorable memorabilia and why. Even Ms. Kara shared hers.

Maine faced the camera again. "Ay naku, ayan po, mauubusan na po tayo ng oras kung ife-feature natin lahat sila. Basta happy sila sa pagcollect nila ng memorabilia, e di happy din tayo para sa kanila. Sumisenyas po sa akin, may oras pa raw tayo. Ano pa ba? Partner, ikaw ang nagrequest ng topic na 'to. Baka gusto mo naman akong tulungan. Meron ka rin bang naitatabing memorabilia. Partner? Partner? Asan ka na, partner? Ako ba ang paghahanapin mo  sa 'yo ngayon?"

Ms. Kara spoke from the other side of the split screen. "Ah, Maine? Lumabas lang sandali si Alden. Iniwan din ako... may pupuntahan daw saglit."

A few moments later and Maine was surprised when RJ appeared beside her in the garden of the studio complex, where she was setup to do her Happy News reporting. "Ay bakit merong may-I-join-you dito partner? Diba dapat nasa loob ka?"

RJ started walking towards her, with his hand behind his back. "Ano yung tanong mo kanina, partner? Narinig ko sa in-ear piece habang papunta ako dito."