Chapter 1

"Why do I have to meet your friennndddsssss? Can't I just stay at home and watch tv?" I groan, pulling back against Steve's hold on me. "C'mon, all you do is sit at home. You have to go places to make friends." "But I have friends. You know, Veronica McFly and Essence T'chaka. My friends since I was young." I huff, finally giving up as he pulls me closer for a hug. "Yay! You're going to meet them. They're very excited to finally meet you!" He squeals, before coughing then turning back into his regular self. "Okay. Now it's a dinner party and there will be a lot of them there. Do you have something fancy or nice to wear?" His eyebrows raised slightly as he finished speaking. I look at him, dead in the eye, and roll my eyes. "You think I own stuff that's fancy? I practically live in skinny ripped black jeans and sweaters! Go have a look for yourself." I throw my arms, as I flop down on the couch, pulling my hoodie up and closing my eyes.

Steve's P.O.V

I leave the living room to go in Alex's room to look through her closet. "Pink sweater, black sweater, black jeans, jeans, more jeans, a Thirty seconds to mars sweater, and a echelon shirt. What the hell is Echelon? Hold up." I reach to the very back and feel a soft fabric. I pull it out and I do not believe what I see, it's a short black dress with a sweetheart neckline and lace going up from there. "Oh, Aaaallleexxx! I found a dress!" I hear a loud sigh and a thump on the floor, followed by an ow. "--Wha--t--" Alex was out of breath from running up the stairs. "Close your eyes." "Why! I didn't even want to go to this, this stupid dinner party like-" "Just close your eyes, please. I am your older brother." She closed her eyes slowly, crossing her arms against her chest. "Open your eyes." I pull the dress to the front and wait for her to open her eyes to see the glorious dress. "Oh my. I haven't worn that since my sixteenth birthday. I wonder if it even fits me anymore. I did gain some weight after all." Alex glanced down at her belly then back at the dress. She shrugged, grabbing the dress and placing it on the hook from her door. "We have a while till we have to get ready, so go do whatever you were doing. I'll tell you when we have to leave." I say, passing her and walking out of the room. 

*

Alex's P.O.V

"Let's go. Dinner is going to be finished by time we get there." I pace around the back of Steve's room as he starts fixing his tie. "I thought you didn't want to go and meet my friends. As I recall that you stated, 'Can't I just stay home and watch tv?'." He walked towards me, placing his hands on my shoulders with a smile on his face. "I'm just happy that you're meeting them." I shake his hands off and grabbed my phone, leaving his room. "I wish that I hadn't agreed to this. I don't like people or crowds." I mutter, seeing Steve out of the corner of my eye. "Let's get going now. Don't want to be late."  I sigh, wondering if I could hide to escape. I glance at the couch then drag my feet to the door, making sure to shut it behind me. 

*

"And we're here! Just let me park." Steve said, pulling close to the curb and putting the car in park. He got out and walked to my side, opening the door for me. "Thanks." I cough out before stopping. "Who exactly is going to be up there?" "Well if you continue to walk to the doors, I'll tell you every single person." Steve grabbed my hand, gently pulling me towards the doors. I hesitate for a second before walking again. "Okay, there will be Nat, Tony, Thor, Bruce, Clint, Pepper, Bucky, Vision, Wanda, T'Challa, Sam, James, and maybe Loki Laufeyson. Don't know if Thor has to watch over him still." He spoke with a hint of unsureness but gave a shrug. The butterflies in my stomach fly into the stomach lining even harder as we approach the doors. "Can't wait to have a panic attack." I mutter stepping inside.