Chapter 12

"I can explain everything that has happened!" I exclaim, twitching my hand.

"I'm listening." Fury states, crossing his arms and shifting his position.

"Well....um..." My mind blanks, leaving me stuttering like a fool. 'Think Alex! Or else you're going to end up being held in shields jail.'

"Alex brought me here because I was good." I hear Loki voice breaking the silence. "And Alex didn't realize that what she did was going to harm us."

I turn towards Loki, sitting down on the edge of the bed, watching every movement. Nat standing by the door, arms crossed, in a position of attack. Coulson near the window, looking outside every now and then, but listening to us. And Fury, standing center of the room with a pissed look on his face.

"How on earth are you ever GOOD?" Fury questions, tilting his head to the side with disbelief sprawled across his face.

"You escaped Alex the first time and attacked her in public! You don't have an ounce of good in you!" Nick shouts with a little chuckle at the end. "As for you Alex, you are no longer needed."

Processing the words, Coulson cuffs Loki as Nat follows behind.

They head out the door, Coulson and Nat with Loki, and Fury with me. 

--

I watch from the car, as Loki is taken into the S.H.I.E.L.D. building by agents. I hold back tears knowing that Loki will be put behind bars for a while due to actions on my behalf. Heading towards Steve, who seemed angry yet happy I'm back, Fury calls my name. 

"Alex," He says in his stern voice yet again. "You broke the rules of S.H.I.E.L.D., so now you have to pay the price."

I stare at him confused as to what he said. 

Fury sighs, shaking his head. "You cannot communicate with anyone in shield other than Steve since you live with him. That means you absolutely cannot speak with Thor, Nat, or anyone else, you understand?" 

"What?!" In shock, I stumble backwards a little. 

"I am not repeating my self again. Good luck Alex." And with that, Nick walks back to the building, leaving me to process what he said.

"Alex, I'm so glad you're back. I've been worried sick." Steve whispers, pulling me in for a hug. 

I shake my head, grasping his shirt as the tears start to flow. 

"Alex,  what happened? Why are you crying? Did Loki hurt you?" He questions, pulling out of the hug and searching my face for answers. 

"I-I'm not al-allowed to speak w-with anyone." I stutter through tears. 

"What?" Steve asks again, confused by what I meant.

"Fury told me that, that I'm not allowed to speak to anyone. Thor, Nat, Tony, Bucky, Rhodey, Pepper." I explain with my voice trailing off towards the end. 

Oh, was all he could say.