Chapter 2

I place my water that conveniently was in a wine glass to look like I was drinking the same as everyone else, down on the coffee table. There was only a couple of people lingering around the place, as it was only four o'clock. I stand up, walking towards the door to get some fresh air as someone grabs my arm, pulling me back. "Alex, where were you going?" I let out a sigh, turning around to Steve. "I just need some fresh air. It seems to be getting warmer the longer that I'm in here. I am just going to step outside." He nods his head and turns away, getting back into the conversation with Tony and James.

I push the handle down and step out, making sure to close the door behind me. Taking a deep breath, I look down at the streets. People were rushing to and from places, waiting for their bus or just simply on a walk with a loved one. The door opens behind me, and the sound of footsteps with the clicking of the heels walk towards me. "You feeling fine? You usually aren't like this." I reconigized the voice and turned towards her. "Nat. I haven't seen you since what, like six months ago." I say, pulling her into a hug. "I'm surprised to see you wearing heels. You are always wearing those converse of yours. I know why you're out here Alex, and I know that you're scared, afraid to go in there and be surrounded by unknown people. You have Steve, Bucky, Tony and me only for tonight because we won't be here forever to help you through this." Nat finishes with a sigh, then pats me on the back before heading back inside.

*

20 minutes later, I head back inside to see that a whole bunch of people were just there. My eyes widen and I take a step back as the noise started to settle down, with Steve standing up. "Alex! Come over here and meet everyone." He made a slight hand movement for me to come over. "No way of getting out of this now." I mutter under my breath as I watch everyone looking at me. The eerie silence with the clicking of my heels was making me even more nervous than before. "So, everyone knew I had a sister and you finally get to meet her." I stood beside Steve as he started to point to people around the room. "So those three people standing over there are James, Thor, and course you already know Bucky." They all wave in union, Thor smiling at me. "ON the couch over there, is Nat, Tony, Wanda, Pepper, and Clint." I get a couple of hello's and some nods from them. "Then over by the wall is Bruce, Vision, T'Challa, and Sam." Sam gives me a fist bump, earning a giggle from me. We sit back down when all of a sudden, my phone rings. "I'll be right back." I quickly walk away from Steve and Sam, down the hallway to a quieter space. "Hello?" "Hey Alex. I was wondering where you are." "Why Jenna?" I sigh, knowing she is drunk. "Cause I'm at your house and no one is answering the door." "Jenna go back home to Tyler. I won't be home for the rest of the night. Goodbye." I hang up on her and take a deep breath. I start to head back to the living room when I run right into someone. "Sorry." I say, looking up at the person. It was a guy but I've never seen him before. His eyes were blue and he had on a suit to look formal, hair was black and cascaded down to his shoulder but just a bit past it. "Hello. I'm Alex. Steve Rogers sister. Who are you?" I ask, receiving a glare. "Your friend, Julia-" "Jenna." "Whatever doesn't sound like a good friend to me. Maybe you should stop seeing her." He finished talking with a stern look before starting to leave. "Excuse me but are you not going to tell me your name?" I ask, confused at the fact that he proceeded to tell me that my friend was a bad friend and not tell me his name. "Loki." And with that he left.

*

Dinner was being served and I was seated in-between Steve and Sam. The conversations are buzzing and the noise was extremely loud, luckily I brought my headphones along. Plugging them in, I press play on Thirty seconds to mars. "Hopeful this will be over soon." I think to myself, scanning across the table. I stop looking as to Loki was staring at me. I quickly look down at my plate, trying to think of someone or something else. 

After a couple of mintues, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn to see Steve's lips moving yet the sound of bass and drums. I pulled out my earbuds, as Steve sighed. "I was saying are you finished with your plate." He looks away for a second before glancing to where Thor was and back to me. "I'll talk to you later." And goes back into a deep conversation with Sam and James. 

*

We walked up to the house door and unlocked it. "I'm going to bed now. I don't care if I fall asleep in this dress, it will never be worn by me again. Ever." I declare, walking away with my shoes still on. 

I reach my room and flop down onto the bed, curling up as I pulled my blankets over top of myself. "Night!" I yell. I wait a couple of seconds before hearing him yell, "Goodnight!" Slowly falling asleep by the second.