Chapter 5

"You're so lucky I can't leave this couch." I huff as Steve walks pass me. "I have a meeting and you need to come. So here, change into this and I'll carry you to the car." He threw clothes at me and walked away. "Someone is pissed." I grumble, sliding out of my tank top and into a Shawn Mendes sweater with a pair of blue jeans, ripped at the knees. "I'm ready, Dumbo!" I yell, hearin Steve stomp down the hall to the room. "Don't be an ass, Alex." "Watch your language." I mock him as he picks me up, grabbing my bag and my shoes then walking out the door. "You're being a little shit today aren't you." He sets me down in the back seat, handing me my stuff. "I thought your motto was, 'Watch your language.'" "Yeah, well I swear. Don't get me even more mad then I already am."   

The drive to the place was silent the whole time. We arrive and Steve grabs a wheelchair for me to sit in as he pushes me into the elevator. It takes a while before we get to the right floor, being greeted by Nat and Tony.

I was pushed into the back corner of the room, where I could stay quietly as the others had to listen and talk to the government representative speak. I Pull my phone out, flipping the ringing off and going into my text messages.

'Tate! I'm going to be bored to death, sitting here at a government thing for the Avengers that I don't want to be at.' 

'But I have to meet with Mr. Fury afterwards.'

'Tate, are you seeing these?'

'Yeah. I was just in the other room.'

'I know that you don't wanna watch over Loki and that he will be in your personal space but, remember that you are doing it for your brother.'

I sigh, locking my phone and sliding it into my bag. I notice that the government personal was gone and Tony was at the front now. Steve looked ticked off as Nat pushed her chair back and walked out of the room. 'Nat.' I type, sending it quickly so she could take me to see Mr. Fury. She walks back in and starts to push the wheel chair out of the room.

We went down a long hall that was somewhat dark and turned into a room on the left side. The room was completely dark. All I could see was a table, chairs, and a figure sitting down at the end. Natasha pushed me up to the table and went to find the light switch. The lights flicker on as I look at Mr. Fury. "About damn time you showed up. I've been waiting here forever." I looked at him with an eyebrow raised as I had only met him a couple of times. "Why do you want me to watch him? I ask, with hatred in my voice. "Cause it was my only choice having a mortal that I know and can trust to watch him. So I offer you a with tons of money and you can measures into your hands when he is out of line." Fury said raising his hands in defence. I look at him before answering.

*
"When will my leg get better?" I whine in a high pitched voice as Jenna looks up from her phone, screen lighting up flashing lights across her face. "It'll be a month I think so stop asking everyone near you." Annoyance was clear in her voice. "Why are you even here? All you do is look at your phone? Like I try to hang out with you and you're like 'oh, my phone needs to be tended to at Alex's house!' Like, no. It doesn't. You can do that at your house." "Alex-" "Get out. I don't want to talk to you at all. Bye." I give her the cold shoulder as she gets up, walking to the door and making sure to slam it behind her. "I really need friends." I sigh, staring down at my lap, slowly falling asleep.

"Mom. Mom! Where are you? Can you please help me find my mother?" I ask a stranger, only getting pushed into the wall. "Mom?" My voice wavers, feeling hot tears fall from my eyes. Suddenly the room goes pitch black. I open my eyes to see a flower garden, with all kinds of flowers in it. "Mom?" I call out, getting no response in return. I turn around to see a house with an open door. It looked familiar to me but I just couldn't remember at all. I walk in, feeling a sense of unease as I walk down the hallway. Touching the walls, it felt like it was sticky and the floor was super shiny. "Mom?" I yell. There was a creek in the room in front of me. I slowly walk towards the room, hearing more and more creeks. I reach the room and stop. A guy with a knife pops out, nearly cutting my arm. I walk backwards till I'm out of the room. Looking back, the guy was almost on top of me but I duck, sending him flying over top of me. I take my chance and run through the kitchen to the back, hoping for the door to be unlocked. Pulling the handle, feeling that the door's locked. I feel a hand latch onto my arm and swing around. I grab the knife out of his hand as he grabs the collar of my shirt. I plunge the knife deep into his chest and twist it, pushing him to the ground. "How do you feel?" I scream at the person. He tries to answer but is only choked by his own blood. "You deserve this." I spat, walking away from the dead body. I reach the door but hear something or someone else. I look back to see the guy standing. He starts running at me again and goes to jump-. "Ahh!" I fly upwards out of bed, tumbling to the floor. "How did I get on my bed?" I think to myself before hugging my knees.