39 | REAL LIFE

A/N: before I get into this, yes, Gossip Girl will exist in this story but the person playing Serena in the popular TV show will be Scarlett Johansson...

---

"Okay, I got the first three season with me, the other three are at my apartment. So I was thinking we pop some popcorn and watch as much Fresh Prince as we can--"

"How did you and Nate break up?" Joseph interrupts me, making me drop my dvds on his couch.

"What?" I ask, looking up to my boyfriend.

"How did you and Nate Crawford break up?" Joseph repeats, slower trying the get me to understand.

"Um...why are you asking me this?" I question, nervously putting a piece of my hair behind my ear.

Joseph shrugs, "Just curious, you two seem awfully close for a high school break up which never do really end well."

"'Cause it wasn't, I dated him from junior year to sofmore year of college. We broke up because he was in New York, filming Gossip Girl, and I was in California doing college and trying to make a name for myself," I explain. "He asked me to drop out and move to New York with him...I said no, that I didn't want to rely on him or anyone else's paycheck or name to keep me stable. I told him that...the only way I would go to New York was if I got there doing what I wanted after I got my degree. So we left on good terms, understanding that I wanted to be independent and he said 'when you're ready, give me a call and we'll have a cup of coffee and see how we feel about each other after so long being apart, what do you say?'."

"Is that the reason he came here? To proclaim his love to you over a coffee?" Joseph asks, looking hurt.

I shake me head, slightly smiling and letting out a small laugh, "We had that cup if coffee a while ago. It was about a year after I started Vampire Diaries, I was New York and I called him." My smile grew bigger, "He told me he found someone, co star, Jessica Szohr, she's moving over here in two days. So that's why we're so close, we went through some stuff but we got through it as friends, happy?"

"Very," Joseph answers, wrapping his arms around my waist and I put my arms around him neck. "Because that means my lovely girlfriend doesn't love another person behind my back."

"Never," I giggle, placing my lips onto his. "Now, let's watch the greatest show of all time."

"Alright, what's so great about it anyways?" Joseph asks.

I look at him, appalled, "It's iconic and way better than any modern show."

Joseph let's out a chuckle, "Well, I think the Originals is a close second."

"Wise words for such an uncultured brit," I applaud before placing the season one dvd into the disc player and start snuggling with my British boyfriend.