Chapter 13

Eiko's POV

"Higan! We need your help! We're in trouble!" I said, once I was on the floor I needed to be on. I gasped when I saw him on the ground, unmoving, while two people sat back to back. "Eiko? What the hell are you doing here?" An orange haired guy said.

"You know this girl, Hedgehog? Who is she, your sister?" The guy next to him asked. "Hey, she's not my sister! She's my niece!" The orange haired guy said. "I'm not your niece!" I said. I turned the other way in attempt to run off, but I ran right into that lion guy.

I gasped and went to run away, but he grabbed both of my wrists. "Calm down, Eiko. We're not gonna hurt you." He said in a bored tone. I quickly bit his neck in attempt for him to let me go. But all he did was grunt slightly as he closed his eyes with a calm expression on his face.

"That hurt, you know?" He mentioned. I let go of his neck and he let go of my wrists, allowing me to back up. "What do you want from me?" I asked them. "We just wanna talk, Eiko. Nobody's gonna hurt you. Here, let's start over. My name's Snow Lily. This is Misono, Sleepy Ash, Mahiru-"

"Mahiru?" I interrupted him. Why does that name sound familiar? Suddenly, I got images in my head of meeting this Mahiru and the two of us hung out with his friends.

"Mahiru... Shirota..." I whispered. No, that can't be right. I don't remember this. When did this happen? When could this have happened?

I remember Uncle Tsubaki finding me on the streets and taking me in. "Lies... You're lying, aren't you?" I asked, looking at Mahiru. "I see what's going on. You're trying to get inside my head so you can turn me against Uncle Tsubaki." I said.

"Eiko, we-!"

"Nothing you say will make me turn on Uncle Tsubaki! Nothing!"

I lunged at Mahiru in attempt to bite him on the neck, but some person with a few bags over his head quickly got in front of him. I attacked him with more intent than I expected and made both of us us crash through the window.

Jeje's POV

"Jeje, now!" Mikuni ordered. I quickly shot myself in front of Mahiru and let Eiko bite me. Her attack was too strong as she made both of us crash through the window. "Jeje!" I heard Mikuni call out. "Die!" Eiko yelled as we fell from the building, still having a hold of my neck.

I waited for us to hit the ground, but we never did. I looked around and noticed Eiko and I were no longer in the air. "Eiko?" I expected to find her still biting my neck, but she was gone. The atmosphere changed as everything was purple.

I floated in midair until I was gently set down on my feet, on a purple and black checkered floor. "Eiko?" I called as I stood in some type of hallway. "What is this place?" I asked. As if being answered, a sign suddenly appeared above me that read, "Welcome to the Rabbit Hole."

"The Rabbit Hole?" I repeated. I must be in Eiko's world or something. I've never seen her done something like this before. Since when was she able to do this? And what caused her to make a world of her own? Is she that angry?

I've gotta find her and get her out of here. Who knows what could happen in this world? Well, seeing how this is her world, she could probably do anything she wants. "Eiko?" I called out her name as I began to walk down the long and dark hallway.

As I walked forward, I noticed picture frames on the walls with pictures of Eiko and Tsubaki. This is all fake. None of this stuff was real. These must be memories Tsubaki implanted in her mind. "Eiko, where are you? Can you hear me?" I called. "Yes, I can hear you,"

I turned around as a small rabbit with four tails. "What can I help you with?" The rabbit asked. "I'm looking for Eiko." I told it. "I'm right here, so what can I help you with?" It repeated. "Eiko, we need to get out of here." I said.

"I don't need to go anywhere. This is where I belong." She said. "Eiko, you don't belong here. You belong back with us, with Mikuni and I." I said. "You must be mistaken with someone else. I can't go anywhere. I have to stay here." The rabbit said.

I frowned slightly as I was getting the impression this rabbit was just messing with me and it wasn't really Eiko. "Who are you? I want to see who you really are." I commanded. "Very well. If that's what you want."

The rabbit began to grow as it transformed into a boy with short purple hair and an emotionless look on his face. "Who are you?" I asked.

"Who do you think? I'm Eiko."