Chapter 108

"Her name's Frankie Kane, but she's calling herself Magenta," Barry explained to the team as we analyzed her profile on the screens.

"Meh," Cisco shrugged, disapproving of the name.

Joe continued, "and Magenta is a whole different person than the scared, kind girl I was interviewing."

"She's dissociative," Harry stated, looking over his shoulder at Joe.

Jesse explained to the perpetually confused Barry, "It means split personality."

God, this poor little girl and I were one in the same. She could move metal with her mind, she had PTSD, and she was dissociative as well. I wish I could talk to her. She really seems like she needs somebody to relate to, so Frankie can know that she's not alone.

"According to her medical records," Caitlin explained, reading from her file, "it's a condition she's been dealing with her entire life. I'm sure all the yelling at CCPD is what triggered it."

Wally smirked, "So Frankie is Jekyll and Magenta is Hyde."

"Classic good versus evil scenario," I stated.

"Or," Cisco suggested, "she's pulling a primal fear."

I nodded my head, getting up from my chair at the desk, explaining to Barry, "She could be faking it."

Barry argued, "No, she's not faking it. I saw the struggle going on inside of her. Magenta's trying to take over completely."

"You said she was raised in the foster care system?" Iris questioned, sitting down at my desk and using my computer like she owned it.

"Yep," Joe replied, "all her life. She went from home to home."

Iris suggested, "Yeah, and maybe not good ones. Her currant foster father, John, the one who was hurt in the attack? Yeah, he's got a few disorderly conducts. He might have some information we can use. I can follow up with him."

I snapped at her, "Why don't you do that?"

"There is something else," Barry explained to the team, folding his arms across his chest. "She got her powers from Alchemy. When I said his name, she knew who he was, so Magenta must have existed in the other timeline too."

Harry looked at Barry confused, and questioned, "Who's Alchemy?"

"Well," Cisco explained, glaring at Barry, "Doctor Alchemy is a magic man in a cloak wo can somehow restore the powers that people had in Flashpoint." Harry shot daggers at Barry.

"Okay," Jesse questioned, "and what's Flashpoint?"

"It's the alternate timeline that Barry created when he went back in time and stopped the Reverse Flash," I snarled at him, still bitter at what he'd done. "So that's why everything's different to you guys."

Harry glared. "Oh, so Magenta's another side effect from your little time trip," Harry passive-aggressively snapped. "Genius . . . NOT!"

"I don't need to be reminded, thank you," Barry huffed.

"Look," Joe sighed, "anybody with powers like her and is that angry need to be tracked down, fast." He left the Cortex to go back to the precinct.

Jesse smirked, chuckling, "Fast I can do. Let me go carb-load."

"He didn't, that's, don't," Harry fumbled, trying to get Jesse to listen to him, but she was already gone. Harry sighed, begging Caitlin, "Snow, please."