Chapter IX: Together with me (part 1)

I AM SORRY (to see me grovel, please proceed to the Author's note at the end the chapter)
(omg it didn't publish right)(wut is happening)
†****************************†

Emily's gone.

She had overstayed her non-existent welcome, so I threw her at Dwayne and he fed her to the rabbits.

Nahh, she just remembered that she had a prior engagement to go to, something about friends and such, I'm surprised she even had those.

Ethan had to escort her back to...their pack house, leaving me, once again, Ethan-free.

Which is sad.

I'm sad.

Very sad.

Ugghh, so needy and clingy, this bond is making me act weird! My world pretty much revolves around the guy now, being unusually moody, even I notice it myself.

Standing up from my spot, I looked around the cave, not knowing what to do next, all the tasks that usually took up my time and thoughts were already done, Ethan even went and overkilled it, a month's worth of wood supply, a promise of boundless meals, security of a fearsome leader-to-be, he even handed me a gun earlier, loaded with silver bullets and a wolfsbane serum to coat it with.

Can you believe the guy?

I don't even know how to use a frickin' gun!!!...it wasn't taught during my werewolf trainings.

Now I feel like I'm in danger just because I have a truly deadly weapon... Oh the irony.

Whatever, Kat, don't think about it.

Small awkward steps echoed around the cave, a bit dazed and confused, I headed for Emily's spunky altar, the torches barely able to maintain it's flame.

Having been previously alone for almost a month, I really missed the kind of spontaneous chaos and change people produce, the difference that they make, the ones that you wouldn't know happened until you saw it.

Much like Emily's name on the cave wall.

She isn't around anymore... So maybe I could make my changes on it, hmmm, but I don't really feel up to it...

"I don't even have any idea what I wanna do," grunting as I crouched down to pick a random edged rock from the floor trying it out to see if it could scratch the surface of the wall, which pretty much had rocking results..pun seriously ain't not intended.

I walked directly in front of the wall engraved with an 'Emily was here'

Staring at it with blank eyes...reflecting my thoughts.

I dragged the edge of the rock, forming words upon the cave wall, directly to the side of Emily's haphazardly done carving.

As I step back, it read:

'Emily is a mushroom, I want a potato'

A sound by the cave entrance made my attention shift to the source of it.

"Hey, I'm back," it was Ethan, shirtless, hair slightly windswept backwards, I almost expected that he'd be panting and sweaty from the journey he obviously just did, but he wasn't, despite the fact that Emily said their home was far away and he just ran to and from there, he was instead staring at Dwayne's nephew being awkwardly cradled by my right hand.

Ohmygod, he's gonna see my weird potato preference over his sister!!!

"E-ethan," a breathy voice replied, it suspiciously sounded so much like mine, but I couldn't be sure, increasingly alarmed, my mind was trying to figure out how to hide my mindless blunder on the cave wall.