Aftermath

(Adrian's P.O.V.)

About ten minutes after my sister and I finished dealing with our parents and then crying until there were no more tears left to spill, Amara along with several heavily armed hunters burst into the hotel room.

"What," Amara begins, deathly calm, "did you three do?"

The three of us had taken to sitting on the floor, side by side with our backs braced against a wall. Cress, sitting in the middle, stands up and shoots an icy glare at the woman standing in front of us, looking at us like nothing more than disobedient children.

"We killed them." Cress refuses to break eye contact with our, probably now former, leader.

Amara snarls and surges forward, almost as if she's going to strike Cressida. It seems like Raphael noticed this too, standing at the same time I do. Glancing at the two of us, Amara catches herself and stops mere inches away from my sister.

"You killed them, after I gave you direct orders to bring them back alive? And, on top of that, you brought him?" She yells, gesturing to Raphael.

"Honestly Amara, you're no longer the woman Adri and I grew up knowing, you're not the woman my parents would have given up their lives for. I think I speak for both of us when I say, screw your plan and your orders. Weren't you the one that told us to always do what we felt was right in our hearts? Well that's exactly what we did, it was too risky to let them remain on this Earth, so we did what we had to do." Cress crosses her arms, as if daring Amara to try something.

Meanwhile, the head of the League's mouth had set into a grim line.

"Very well," she sighs, "then you leave me no choice. Seize them, and kill the vampire!" Amara barks out the order without showing any hint of remorse. Hunters that we've known since we were kids, but hunters that are loyal to Amara, surge forward.

Eight move to restrain and attempt to kill Raphael, while the rest moved to get ahold of Cress and myself. The three of us immediately start to fend off the hunters, and with each hunter I knock out, a fresh wave of pain and guilt courses through me as I watch their body crumple to the ground, lying in an unmoving heap.

Unfortunately, there are too many of them. Amara holds out her hand, in the common motion for "stop", towards the group of hunters that had somehow managed to restrain Raphael. I had a feeling she wanted him to see what's to come.

The hunters that were able to, very harshly, hold my sister and me back, clasped specially made handcuffs on us, designed so that no hunter can break out of them.

"Bring forth the concoction," Amara snaps, holding her hand out. Immediately, two syringes are placed in her hand, filled with a blood red liquid, too thin to be actual blood.

"What is that?" I hiss, struggling against my restraints, knowing that whatever she has can't be good.

Amara gazes at the two syringes in her palm, even though I'm not looking directly into her eyes, I can tell her gaze is hollow, devoid of emotion.

"This, dear children, is my last resort. You see, I had hoped you would listen to me, but on the chance that you didn't, I had our scientists whip this up. It'll turn you two, unfortunately, our scientists were unable to merge this concoction with the one that will make you tame. So, first you two will be injected with this, and once the transition is complete, you'll be injected with the second drug." Amara begins to stalk towards us, syringes in hand.

"No!" Raphael struggles against the hunters, and handcuffs, detaining him. His fangs, from his anger, grow to their full length and protrude from his mouth. He snarls at Amara and snaps at the hunters surrounding him, attempting to bite them.