Feelings Happen

(Cressida's P.O.V.)

I sit restlessly in Chemistry class, waiting for today's lesson to begin. After school, Adri and I are going to prepare for the biggest hunt we will ever do. We had made peace with our parents' death, obviously it still hurts, but we'd accepted their passing. Then, this comes up and everything just comes back to smack us in the face. It will be hard to drive a stake through our parents' hearts, but as hunters, we were raised to always do what's best.

Raphael walks into class and takes his seat next to me, looking more tense than usual. I want to ask him if he's okay, but the view he's currently giving off says, "talk to me and I will rip your throat out with my teeth." So I just hold back and decide to see if I can catch him in a better mood later today.

(Raphael's P.O.V.)

I growl and punch the wall of the school, completely on edge with having to do this hunt. Taking several deep breaths, I manage to compose myself enough that I can walk into Chemistry class without wanting to punch someone if they look at me.

I feel a pair of eyes on me, knowing it's Cressida watching me, I don't bother to look up. Instead, I do something that I promised myself I wouldn't do years ago, but I broke that promise a while ago. Entering the girl's mind, I draw that she is concerned about why I'm so tense. But she refrains from talking to me because I seem like I will, "rip your throat out of you talk to me." I surpress a chuckle at Cressida's colourful mind.

I mentally die when today's lesson begins, why did I decide to enroll in school again? Oh, right. There's an amazing girl right next to me whom I just can't seem to figure out, and I love mysteries. Oh, and she's also the same girl who'll I'll inevitably end up hurting because sooner or later she will find out that her parents, Jade and Ethan Jones, are freaking vampires and I'm hunting them. I'm the vampire hunter that's a vampire, how ironic.

Cressida snaps her fingers in front of my face. "Hello? Raphael?"

I shake my head slightly, "yeah, hey. Um, what's today's work?"

Concern fills Cress' features and she furrows her brow. "Are you okay? You zoned out and you look kind of stressed."

"Don't worry about me," I attempt a carefree laugh, hoping it convinces the endearingly keen girl next to me. It's hard to remember that she's only a seventeen year old girl, no, woman. Her mentality is that of a woman, she grew up so fast, all hunters do. Deep brown eyes full of caution and intelligence, which Cressida often thinks of as dull or boring, plain. But behind those eyes is something else, a world of emotions, thoughts, creativity, intellect, and so much more. She's so close, I could just-nope no. Shut up Raph. Shut up mini Raph. Clearing my throat, I continue what I was saying. "I'm just a little tired, that's all. Nothing to worry about."

Cressida doesn't seem convinced, but she proceeds to explain today's work nonetheless. Our hands brush together a couple times and I try to ignore the jolts that go trough me with each touch.

(Cressida's P.O.V.)

Raphael had zoned out in class and played it off as nothing, but I knew better. Something was troubling him, I could see it in his eyes, his posture, the set of his mouth, everything about him screamed tension and stress. But, it seemed like he didn't want to talk about it, so I left it alone.

Now, we're working on what Mr. Coles has assigned. On occasion, our hands make chaste contact, whether it's on purpose on Raphael's part, I don't know. All I know is that, every time his hand makes contact with mine, little jolts of electricity run through me.

I'd forgotten about the so called "connection" that Raphael and I have until now, with all that's been happening lately I haven't had time to think about it or do any research on it. Maybe I'd look through our archives back at headquarters, when all this blows over and I actually have some time to do something that isn't a hunt or homework for school.

Looking at him now, I study his features. The way the sunlight shines on his hair, making it look almost blonde. His eyes are a nice light blue, like an ocean on a bright sunny day. His slightly long hair just barely go over his eyes, and he tends to bite his lip in concentration. I focus on his lips. My mind starts to wander to restricted thoughts, and I stop them. Now is not the time to get distracted by trivial things like that, I have to focus on school, and the hunt. I can't get distracted by Raphael.

Said person then drops a test tube, the test tube shatters; luckily nothing was inside it. Raphael looks up at me and grins sheepishly.

"Oops, sorry." He scratches the back of his neck and laughs a little, it's adorable.

"Don't say sorry to me," I glare at him, "say sorry to the poor test tube." Raphael fully laughs at this and smiles at me. The smile is full of warmth and it radiates through me all the way to my core, I could lose myself in him very easily. Not good.

The rest of the period is spent working together fluidly, with jokes, smiles, and laughs. Every second that I'm around this vampire, I forget what I was taught as a child. I find it easy to forget that vampires are supposed to be the enemy, that they only seek to wipe out our race. He has somehow found a way to slowly make my walls crumble, and if I'm not careful, I'll crumble along with them.
---------------------------------------------------------
Okay, kind of a filler chapter. I know I haven't updated this story in a while, so figured I should get on it. I was having trouble connecting the last chapter and the chapter with the hunt, so I figured I'd just put this in to kind of be a bridge between the two chapters. So, if you liked it, vote, comment, all that jazz. Byeee! For now.