Chapter 14: Fight

I was on a mission. I marched through the school with one thing on my mind. I needed to find Karter and give him a piece of my mind.

Okay so maybe I threw money at him to make him feel bad. But he was at fault too. He was too sensitive when it came to money. Too sensitive when it came to me. I tried calling him, multiple times, but I think he blocked my number or was really good at avoiding my call. He even returned all the money I threw at him in an envelope in our mailbox.

I purposely asked Manny to distract Jared as soon as we got to school because I knew my brother. He was going to hover over me until he made sure I was okay. Probably make sure Karter stays away from me, which was not what I wanted at the moment. Right now I wanted to find Karter.

I saw him at his locker. Perfect. He was distracted enough not to see me yet.

"Livia," Kevin popped in front of me. He was part of our group. He was always quite the flirty one. He tried flirting with me once, Jared almost beat him up for it, he didn't try again. Jared always warned me about his friends.

"Yes..." I looked behind his shoulder to see if Karter was still there. He was, but I didn't know for how long.

"I want you to go out with me," he said making me forget whatever was running through my head.

"What?" I gasped, my head whipping back.

"If you are going to go out with a guy then it might as well be me, what on earth does Karter have on me?" He said arrogantly. The way he said Karter's name, as if he was less than nothing, I didn't like it.

"What?! Ew Kev, I'm not going out with you. Leave Karter out of this, he's my friend," I frowned, tugging the straps of my bag tighter. This conversation was so over. "I need to go."

I pushed past him hearing him call out after me. "One day you'll want to be with a real man, not him."

I froze and turned around on my feet. "He's a better man than all you assholes! You can learn a thing or two."

We had caught the attention of everyone in the hallway, some had their phones out recording this. My eyes roamed for Karter who stood a few steps away from me with wide eyes and red ears. My eyes met his as I urged him to stay but he quickly used those long legs of his to disappear. Damn it.

I walked into our class and found that he hadn't come here to sleep like he usually did. He was definitely avoiding me.

I chased after him after class, not caring if I was going to be late to my other classes, but he was really good at avoiding me. Lunch came and I knew he couldn't avoid me. I waited for him at his locker wing, hiding behind the corner so he wouldn't avoid me.

Finally making it to his locker, I cornered him.

"Karter, can you stop avoiding me?" I asked breathlessly.

His shoulders tensed at the sound of my voice. "I thought I made myself clear."

"Your reason was stupid Karter," I scoffed. "I'm not going to let you end our friendship over me gifting your sister money. Fine next year I'll get her a Barbie!"

Karter slammed his locker shut, he took a step forward glaring over me. "There was no friendship to begin with."

"Liar, you even told me you liked our friendship," I stood my ground, my blood burning. I wasn't going to let him play this off.

"Maybe I lied about that," he challenged me.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I see the way you are around your sisters. You became the same around me too eventually. Are you going to tell me you fake loving your sisters?"