Chapter 9

-Matthew-

This, this moment, everything was perfect. Nothing else mattered. It was me and Delilah.

Honestly, I've been wanting to make us official. I've been thinking about the right way to ask her, and the right way to tell her & my friends. They wouldn't understand though. Least my friends wouldn't. They would think I'm whipped. When in reality, Delilah has grown to be like my other half.

"I love you." She whispered. The words have only been exchanged once before, at our first date.

"I love you too." I said before kissing her sweetly again. Quick, yet sweet.

She leaned her head on my shoulder, and I rested my head on top of hers. She was perfect. I loved everything about her. I still don't see how I got someone like her to fall in love with someone like me. I'm nothing special, and she could do so much better.

"No, Matthew. I really couldn't. You're perfect for me. I don't want anyone else. You are all I need. Quit thinking thoughts like that." Had I been thinking out loud? Oops. But, those words hit home. She had no idea.

- Delilah -

Matthew smiled at me, but his eyes said so many more things. For once, I noticed something in his eyes that I hadn't ever noticed before. Matthew had been hurt. Someone broke him.

"Oh Matthew, you have to know I'm not gonna ever hurt you. I love you. Thats all that matters, and I'm not gonna let anyone stand in between us." I whispered so low so that only he could hear it even though we're alone.

"Del, I love you so much." I saw a tear flow down his cheek. Matthew was so misunderstood by so many people.

I wiped away his tear and hugged him. This boy has opened up so much, it's crazy to think how so much has changed because of him.

"Don't let go." I heard him whisper softly. So I didn't. We sat there for what seemed like hours in each others arms.

We finally said our goodbyes because it was getting late and I needed to go back home.

"I'll text you del." He said before kissing me one last time before we parted ways.

"I saw that." I didn't recognize the voice at first, but when I turned back, it had only been Laney, who had already known about us. "Oh, and by the way, I hope you know I ship Datthew completely. He makes you happy. You haven't been happy in awhile. So I approve. Are you guys even official yet?" Come to think of it, are we even offcial?

My phone started ringing before I even had any time to think about whether we were or not.

The name showed up and a smile spread across my face.

*Matthew 😘*

"Hey" I cheerfully said into the phone.

"I miss you." I turned around and saw Matthew at the window pouting.

"I miss you too." I mirrored his face.

"Awhh you guys are so cute." I heard Laney cooing in the background. My cheeks heat up, and Matthew makes a heart shape with his hands. I do the same as Brandon pulls up to get us.

"I love you Matt, I gotta go tho. Bye cutie." I whispered the last part because Laney would never let me live that one down.

"Love ya too cutie, byee." He sounded sad before he hungup.

"My house or yours tonight?" Laney asks.

"Yours?" I wait for a nod of approval.

"You should invite Matthew for a movie night. My moms gone for two nights anyways." This completely stunned me. Waht? Was she even being serious?

"Seriously?" I ask, excited.

"Sure, but do me a favor?" She smirks.

"Oh god, what?" I start to tense up.

"Have him bring his cute friend Nash. God dem eyes tho! He is hella cute." I chuckled as I text Matthew and tell him all the details. After awhile he agrees and so does Nash.

Well this should be interesting...

 ------------------

(A/N) : SHoooo! Well my summer starts tomorrow and tbh im kinda depressed about it.idk. ANYWAYS SORRY FOR THE wAIT ILY GUYS. Ill update more snce I have more free time., BUt i am starting an Aaron Carpenter one soon called Be My Hero so keep a look out for it. Stay beautiful. 

vote, comment, follow.

-S