Chapter 6

Heller. Just an update on life for me. Don’t really know if you guys care or not though lol. I haven’t updated this story in a while, I know. I’m getting better though I promise. It’s the fourth quarter of my Junior year of high school, which means I’m about to be a Senior. Which means I have to think about college. It’s stressing me out. What I want to major in keeps changing and I just wish I could slow time down! Anyways, here’s the story.

*********************************************************

“Jesse?” I asked in disbelief.

I looked at my phone like it had just given birth. How could he have gotten my number? I don’t recall giving it to him! Why is he calling?

Oh god. I hope he didn’t hear me calling out for Jace when we were sleeping. I really do not feel like explaining it again.

“Hey! You left your bag here last night. I didn’t go through it or anything of course, but I remember you walked in with it and I figured you would want it back.” Jesse said.

“How did you get my number?” I asked bluntly, sounding ruder than I meant.

“I asked Nikki for it.Victoria, I can just give it to Nikki or Dana. Or I can bring it to you. Whichever you prefer.” He said, sounding a little hurt.

“I’m sorry, Jesse. You just shocked me. I didn’t mean to be rude. Can you bring it to my house?” I asked. If he comes here, I can finally see him face to face and clear up the crazy things my mind likes to come up with.

“Of course.” He responded.

“I’ll text you my address.” I said. He grunted and I hung up.

I typed my new address onto the keyboard and sent it to him. I threw my phone down on the couch and headed upstairs to throw on some makeup before he arrived. Fifteen minutes later and I decided I looked at least slightly presentable.

I walked to my living room and sat down to watch TV. Halfway through an episode of whatever I was watching, I’m not even sure, the doorbell rang.

My heart panged in nervousness as I tried to pull myself together. Everything is going to be okay. There’s no way that’s Jace.

After I finished my mental pep talk, I pulled myself up and went to the door. I took a deep breathe and reached for the handle. I kept my eyes lowered at first, seeing his shoes.

I eyed his black Vans. I let my eyes travel slowly upwards to take in his grey skinny jeans, and then to his fitted ‘Rise Against’ shirt. Okay, that is definitely the opposite of Jacen.

I hesitantly let my eyes reach his face, and I took in the features. Way too familiar green eyes and black hair. Everything was the same. The nose, the mouth, the dimples. The adorable crinkle that appears on his forehead when he’s worried.

I felt myself falling backwards, and the man standing in front of me slowly falling away.

“Victoria!” I heard someone faintly yell.

“You’re...dead.” I gasped out as warm arms caught me, holding me up.

Jesse – or was it Jacen? – stared at me with a confused but worried expression on his face just as I passed out.

*********************************************** 

     I was in the car with Jacen, on the way to movie night. He looked at me and said something, and we both laughed. But I couldn’t hear any of it. Everything was muted out.

    I saw headlights and I called out to Jacen.

     “Jacen don’t unbuckle your seatbelt! Stay where you are! Jacen!” I screamed to him. Nothing came out.