Chapter 12

“You know you’re welcome to stay here as long as you want, right?” Jesse said to me after we had finished breakfast.

“Thanks.” I replied. “I honestly don’t even want to think about seeing my parents right now. I don’t think I can hold it together. They think I’m staying with Nikki for a few days.”

“Speaking of, you should probably call her. Make sure everything’s alright over there. We kind of took off without saying anything last night. I was pretty pissed.” He said.

I awkwardly swallowed and held out my hand for his phone. He handed it to me and I walked away, heading towards his bedroom.

“Jesse, what the fuck?! Explain what happened last night! Where the hell is Tori? Why did you take off so fast? Is Tori with you? If I find out you did something to hurt her I’m literally going to rip off your testi—”

“Nikki!” I said quickly, trying to stop her from continuing.

“Oh my god, Tori! I’m sorry! I thought you were Jesse. So you’re okay?” She asked, laughing.

“Why would you be so harsh on Jesse? He rescued me last night!” I said to her.

“Really? That’s not the story Kevin told us. Kevin told all of us that he was in bed sleeping when Jesse just walked in and started beating the crap out of him for no reason. He said you were only in the room because you heard all of the noise from the bathroom and went running.” She said.

“I’m going to take a wild guess and say that isn’t true at all, right?” She asked afterward.

“Kevin said what?! That ignorant asshole! Nikki that isn’t true at all! He practically tried to rape me! Jesse came in and beat the shit out of him for trying! I can’t believe he would lie like that!” I said, screaming into the phone.

Right at that moment, Jesse walked in, looking at me as if he wanted to know what I had been talking about. I quickly explained it to him, waiting for his face to get angry. He only smiled.

“Jesse, why are you smiling? This isn’t funny at all!” I yelled to him.

“Actually,Victoria, it’s hilarious. Kevin got his ass kicked and now he’s trying to play it off as he didn’t know what was going on. He knows what he did, we know what he did, and I’m pretty sure nobody is going to believe his story.” Jesse said, smiling at me.

I had to smile back. “You’re so cute, Jesse.” I said, grinning.

He arched an eyebrow at me. “I’d prefer you call me sexy. Or hot. Anything but cute.”

“What you don’t like it? I think cute suits you.” I said playfully.

He rolled his eyes at me, but smiled back. 

“Hello?! Did you forget you were on the phone here? Stop flirting with your sexy little boyfriend and talk to me!” Nikki said, Jesse’s phone screaming into my ear.

Jesse’s face now cracked into a full grin. “Sexy boyfriend?” he asked. “I like the sound of that.”

“Nikki, you’re screaming so loud I don’t even need a phone to hear you. What is it that you need to say so badly?” I asked her, pulling the phone away from my ear a little.

“Just that right after Kevin told all of us that, we made him leave. I tried to call you about a billion times last night, but you wouldn’t pick up. I was going to call Jesse, but I figured if you weren’t answering you guys were probably otherwise occupied.” Nikki said suggestively.

My cheeks got bright red again, and I turned my face away from Jesse’s smirk. “No, that’s not it! I left my phone at your house. And my clothes and car and everything.” I said.