Chapter 16

“Victoria, if you walk any slower, we’re going to miss the plane! Let’s go!” Jesse said, pushing me from behind. Jesse’s actually pretty cute when he’s anxious. He’s like a little puppy dog!

Even though I’m pretty sure he’d lecture me for calling him cute. Except right now, he’s being a slightly annoying puppy. He’s pretty excited, but who wouldn’t be excited about meeting their mother for the first time since he was a baby?

           “Jesse, if you don’t stop pushing me, I’m gonna stop walking altogether.” I said, shooting daggers at him.

           “Then I’ll just carry you, babe. Now let’s go!” He said, putting his hand on my back and pushing me again. I shot him another dirty look, and he tried his classic look on me.

Well, Jace’s classic look. It’s so weird how they make the exact same face! I guess it makes sense though, since they’re twins. I still can’t get used to that idea! Jacen has a twin! And I just so happened to find that twin!

           What’s even weirder is I fell for his twin. Which normally, you would think that means I was falling for Jacen before I met Jesse or something, but that’s not the case at all. They are both so incredibly different.

           We were boarding the plane now, taking a flight back toWisconsin. My mom and dad were coming with us, but they bought seats all the way at the front, with Jesse and I at the back. We finally reached our seat, with much pushing from Jesse. “Sit.” He said, pointing to a window seat at the very back of the plane.

           “Yes sir.” I said, mock saluting him. He rolled his eyes and collapsed in the seat next to me, letting out a breath like he had been holding it.

            I stared at him for a few seconds. I’ve never seen Jesse look so... tired. I mean, there was definitely an excited glimmer in his eyes, but it was obvious he was exhausted.

           “Jesse, are you okay?” I asked, grabbing his hand.

           “Fine. I’m just really fucking nervous.” He said loudly.

           I snorted a laugh receiving several dirty looks from the people around us. When I turned back to Jesse, I noticed he was also scowling at me.

“What?” I asked, eying him. He cocked an eyebrow and my eyes widened in realization. “I’m not making fun of you for being nervous! Just the way you said it was funny!” I said, raising my palms face up towards him.

           “Calm down, babe. I knew what you meant.” He said, letting out a laugh and reaching over to kiss my forehead. As usual, my heart sputtered when he called me babe. It sounded so cute coming out of his mouth!

When other people have called me that, it wasn’t that effective. I mean, even Jesse’s mouth looks cute when he says that. Oh wow, that’s kind of creepy that I notice what his mouth looks like.

“Victoria, were you even listening to me?” Jesse suddenly said, waving his hand in front of my face. “You’ve just been staring at me. Were you checking me out?”

I rolled my eyes. “Uhm, sorry. No, I wasn’t listening. I was admiring your mouth.” I said. Then, I clapped my hands over my mouth. Did I just say that? By the expression on Jesse’s face, I could tell that was a yes. He smirked at me and pulled on a lock of my hair.

           “Well, my beautifulVictoria, my mouth likes you too. I would show you how much my mouth likes you, but we’re on an airplane, and I feel that would be inappropriate. Try and control yourself until we land.” He said, letting go of my hair and turning to face the front.