Chapter 7

Hi guys! Please vote and comment!!!

My mother shook my awake the next morning for breakfast. Well, technically lunch. I had slept all day, and it was now noon.

I felt like I hadn’t eaten anything in years, and I desperately needed a shower. Just thinking about the way I acted towards Jesse last night made me feel sick. Yes, I definitely had the right to freak out, but that wasn’t Jesse’s fault. Ugh. I’m a bitch.

I shoveled the pancakes and bacon my mother made down my throat and headed upstairs to shower. I stood in there for a good thirty minutes thinking about how I should apologize to Jesse.

I know I shouldn’t, since my mom told me not to, but I couldn’t just ignore him. I had to give him a reason. Once the water ran cold, I stepped out.

I threw on an old pair of shorts and a ratty t-shirt and then headed back down the stairs.

“Vicky.” My mother said, stopping me at the bottom on the stairs. “I was thinking we could go down to the mall today. You know, have a mother – daughter day.” She said, smiling brightly.

“Okay, that sounds good! I need it.” I said excitedly, turning right back around to get dressed. “I’ll be ready in twenty minutes.”

I threw on a random shirt from my closet. I didn’t really have a wide selection of things to wear seeing as how all of my clothes are meant for snow. I had one pair of denim shorts in my closet that I grabbed and quickly threw on.

“Will you drive, dear?” My mother asked me.

“Sure.” I answered, grabbing my wallet and bag off of the counter.

Then it hit me that Jesse had brought my bag over. I don’t even remember him setting it down. Probably because I blacked out the second he opened the door. I didn’t even thank him for brining it all the way over.

I sighed and got behind the wheel of the rental car we were still borrowing until our father was able to transport both of ours. I drove the few minutes to the mall, following the directions my mother told me.

I parked near the back and got out, walking towards the J.C. Penney entrance. We kept walking through and headed for the main part that held all of the stores.

My mother tried to drag me into Forever 21, but I refused. “Mom, that store is really not my style. Please. That store is for people who actually like fashion.”

“Well, you’re at a new place now! Maybe you could switch up your style a bit! You do realize you wear only dark colors, right?” she asked.

“Yes, I do. And I like it like that. Happy clothing is annoying.” I scowled, pulling her arm towards the other stores.

“What about this Rue 21? Is it any better than the other one?” she asked, cluelessly.

“Yes, Mom. About a million times better.” I said, allowing her to drag me in. This store I could handle. I flipped through the racks looking for anything that caught my eye.

I flipped past a shirt that stuck out as my favorite color; I went back to it, eyeing it more carefully. It was a dark blue with a low hanging front, and the back was completely lace.

“That would like great with you skin tone.” My mother said, appearing behind me. “Try it on.” She said, ushering me to the dressing rooms.

I tried it on and it fit perfectly. I lifted my mood tremendously as I smiled at my reflection. We continued searching through the store, looking at all of the jewelry and shoes.

Just as we were about to purchase my shirt, my mom swore under her breath.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, turning to her.