Chapter 1

•••••••••
LILAC POV
•••••••••

My alarm clock dozes on. I groan, like seriously? Can't anyone get some nice sleep? I sat up rubbing my eyes, the light blinding me as the sun is already high up. I pushed the comforters off me, stood up, and stretched.

I inhaled, exhaled before going to my walk-in closet. Taking out a black outfit I put together last night. I really don't like going in a hurry in the morning. But don't blame my style, I like black. Before going to the shower, I mind linked Katie. She's been my friend since we were pups.

Rise and shine sleepy head! Before I could even mind linked her, she was already blowing my mind off.

"Good morning too." I rolled my eyes.

"Hope you're done washing those dirty ass parts of yours because am done! And excited." Katie shouted, blowing my mind off like always.

I could imagine Katie's wolf wagging her tail. But I can assure you, it's not school she's excited about.

"Let's cut class," I said with a smirk.
"Hell no. I'll look bad in front of your brother." She wined.
"Fine. Only me then." I said. Getting into the bathroom and preparing my shower.
"No no-no-no. Your father will throw a fit and come on! At least treasure your wolf days before becoming an alpha." she warns me.
If she wasn't here, I wouldn't know what to do with my life.
"Great. Thanks for reminding me." I literally rolled my eyes again.
"I feel you're rolling your eyes. Are you?" she questions? She knows me very well.
"Whatever bye!" I laugh and cutting our mind link.

I laughed at her, she's always has been the jolly one. After showering, I dried myself and put on my clothes. I tied my hair in a high ponytail before getting my things and heading downstairs.

I saw my mom and twin brother, Toby. He's always the jokester, like Katie but never mess with him though. He's got a short mood if things don't go his way. Where's my dad? Oh, he's off busy with pack problems which are soon to be my problems too.

That's right. I'm next to the title Alpha since dad is the Alpha of the silver Crescent moon pack. Why not Toby? Well, it was always the tradition for the firstborn to hold the title Alpha, girl or boy. And he's alright with it. Toby is not all jealous type, he's understanding.

"Good morning my fellow family members!" I cheerfully announced while taking a seat. Toby only rolled his eyes.

"Good morning too sweetie, seem happy as always." My mom chuckled before taking a sip of her coffee. I grabbed a plate and pancakes. Yum!! A delicious breakfast. I'm a big eater, I'm telling you. I'm kind of chubby? A little, but who cares? I'm 18, I've still got years ahead of me. Toby just quietly ate as I stared at him, furrowing my eyebrows; when he's quiet he's up to no good.

"Anything you'd like to share a brother?" I gave him the creepy stare. He looked at me with an innocent smile.

"No, no. Nothing sister." he shook his head. Mom and I glanced at each other, knowing something is up.

"Toby." Mom put on a warning tone. Toby Internally groaned before talking.

"Ok fine. I might have, uhmm... broke a vase." he laughed nervously as mom gasps in shock. Oh, no. Never mess with mom's vases. She loves them a lot and takes care of them like it's her own child. It's literally just a hobby of her to collect vases, but it sometimes feels like her life depended on that hobby.

"Toby!" Mom scolded him. He immediately stood up.

"Oh wow... Look at the time. We're already late for class. Meet me in the car sis, toddles!" he ran outside as mom shook her head in annoyance. I only shrugged my shoulders. This is how it is here. I finished my food and hugged mom, saying goodbye.

I went out of our house. Our home is near the packhouse, so I could see my other pack members going to school. I saw Toby inside his car. I laughed as he was biting his lip, he does that when he's nervous. I got inside.

"So, mom's reaction?" Toby asked, chuckling while driving away. His eyes on the road.

"Still the same," I said bored. I rested my head on the car door and looked outside the passing trees and houses.

"So, how's you and Katie?" he asked. Trying to act like he's not asking about Katie but always noticeable. I rolled my eyes and looked at my twin. His golden-brown hair like mine, shining. My brother can get any girl he wants at school but all I know. He likes Katie and I wish they were mates.

Why? Because they look so cute together. But it becomes awkward when it's just them two.

"She's fine Toby, I already know what's up." I sighed and he furrowed his brows acting innocent.

"I know you like Katie since I introduced you two, so don't act innocent buddy." I tease as his cheeks tinted pink.

"A doubtful reason to believe that." he rolled his eyes laughing as we neared the school.

Our school is mixed with wolves and humans but none of the humans know what we are. It's against school rules. I got out of the car. Girls ogling at Toby like horny unmated wolves. And him being him, well run his hand through his hair making girls comment and giggle at him. I could smell their arousal from here.

"Show off !" Lily, my wolf scoffed.

CONTINUE•••••••>