Chapter 4

•••••••••

Today is another boring day! But for my wolf, it's not. Yesterday was a day I couldn't forget, we found out vampires have been scorching over our lands freely when we all know that they're dead or yet, extinct. We have no idea what their goal is, or it could be just pure imagination and some packs trying to scare us off. But the war did happen between us and them in the past, mom would tell me stories and how ruthless they were to wolves when fangs and claws should go well.

As I walked through the halls and corridors in school which happens every day. I saw Katie and Jackson, I went to them and greeted them with a hug.

"Hey, guys!" I smiled.

"Hi Lilac," Katie smiled. She was her normal self, cheery, and jolly.

"Hey cupcake," Jack winked at me. I rolled my eyes, oh here comes Jack. He puts an arm over my shoulders.

"Hey Katie, and Jacky." I wiggled my brows as Jack puts on a scowl making Katie laugh.

"You just love to tease me, don't you? "Jack puts on his one-sided smile. Cute but teasing.

"If you weren't here Jacky, I wouldn't know who to tease; someone that likes being bullied and called by a girl's name," I winked at him. He puffs out his bottom lip in a pout.

"You are smashing my ego but whatever." Jack rolls his eyes playfully. "I also heard about yesterday," he said. Katie's laugh died down as I sigh getting reminded of my earlier thoughts.

"We still have no idea why they're now showing up. Since we all know it's been decades since we had contact with them," I said, thinking about all possibilities that could happen in a short span of time. But as we walked to class, Jack's arm is still on my shoulder.

"I wonder what they're up to," Katie wondered.

"I don't know, but I'm willing to find out." We entered class, and I saw Nate. Well, we've got the first subject too. He was sitting behind our seat again, Jack took off his arm on my shoulder and went to his normal seat with Toby. Nate suddenly turned his head and we met gazes. His baby blue eyes shining and lily howling like a mad wolf. He was wearing a blue v-neck shirt, skinny jeans, and rubber shoes that absolutely suits his personality. He looked attractive, too much. Glad Annie isn't here, I guess she's in the janitor's closet again having a quicky with some jock, well I think so.

"Hey Nate," I said smiling, putting my bag down on my chair. Then Jack and Toby's attention turned to us.

"Hey." He gave a small wave at me and Katie.

"Hey, Nate," Katie waved back.

"Sup." Toby smirked at Nate. Giving me a slight glance.

"Hey, I'm Nate." They shook hands,

"Toby, Lilac's twin." Toby gestured to me. I rolled my eyes as I sat down, Toby winked at me. I ignored his teasing face.

"And I'm Jack," Jack butted in. Then the boys started their conversation. While I and Kate were discussing in our mind link.

"Lilac, I feel something so weird," Katie said being alert.
"What are you feeling?" I asked concern.
"Weirdly, I'm having this weird feeling for Toby. Is this normal?" She asked. I could sense the playfulness of her. I rolled my eyes at her, and she just shrugged with a huge smile.

"So why in the middle of the school year did you transfer?" Jack asked Nate. We looked at Nate as his pink lips were in a line like he was thinking of something and his hair was all messed up.

"Our family has important business here." Jack and Toby didn't look convinced but let go of the conversation, nodding their head in understanding. Then Mr. Collins came in, getting the class started.

**********

After class, I went to my locker and rummaging through my messed up things. While I was getting busy, I felt someone's presence behind me, I smelled a very masculine smell, playboy London, a cologne which I'm addicted to. I turned around to see Nate smiling, I didn't notice he was this tall, his height towered over my 5'10 foot height, he's 6'2 or 3.

"Nate," I smiled. He scratched the back of his neck and his muscles flexed under his shirt. How is he so attractive to me? Well, I guess not only to me, but I should have more resistance over this. He's so much more attractive than any wolf, even an Alpha, if I say so myself.

"Lilac...." He started off not knowing what to say as I stared up at him expectantly and waiting for him to say something.

"Do you need anything?" I asked fixing the straps of my bag and closing my locker.

"I was wondering if I could tag along with you since I'm not fond yet of the school."

I smiled at his cuteness and nodded.

"Can I see your timetable?" I asked, he nodded and got it out from his backpack handing it to me. I compared it to mine and my eyes widen in surprise. We both have all the same subjects and classes together. Which is weird. I should talk to the school's sec about this. It's not like I don't want to be with Nate, but maybe it's a mistake. Lily, somewhat was over joy.

"So?" He asked after a few minutes of silence.

"We've got all classes together," I said.

"Really? That's cool then. Let's get going?" His face lightens up.

"Let's go." I agreed as we walked to class, but it really had to come. Annie and her little Pete by their locker, she looked at me and smirked.

"Nathan...." Her high-pitched voice almost breaking my ears. We stopped as they blocked our way, and she had the look like she wanted to eat Nate, but she was focusing on pissing me off.

"Hi?" I guess Nate doesn't know her.

"It's Annie." She winked and her allies introducing themselves too.

"Oh hey," Nate smiled, seriously? This boy is too nice. It might be his weakness someday I thought evilly.

"Hey fatty," she sneered and her allies giggled. Like what? I'm not even fat! I could see and feel my curves. I'm just chubby but who cares? Dad and mom say I'm beautiful and sexy, but it becomes intriguing when it's Annie.

"Hey Annie," I said blandly. I was kinda bored with her now.

"Wait, is it just me, or you're losing weight?" she said, pretending to be surprised. I frowned at her.

"Oh wait, no. You're just getting fatter. You should minimize your eating instead of eating a whole bus,"  she giggled annoyingly. I clenched my fist, I really want to strangle her. I was going to say something, but she cut me off, and I couldn't help but feel embarrassed that all that heard tried to stop their laugh except for us wolves.

"Bye Nate, I'll see you later." She winked at Nate and smirked at me. I looked at my feet, I felt like crying, I felt like I want to cut off that fake face of hers. But lily said not to let it get to me because it's not true.

"Are you ok Lil?" I stared at Nate confusingly.

"Lil?" I asked. Who's that I thought confused.

"That's my nickname for you." He chuckled as lily purred, but I was still frowning.

"Oh, I'm fine," I said, I felt his gaze on me, keeping it as a stare.

"Is it something about what she said?"I looked at him, concern in his eyes. I shook my head as we continue to walk to class.

CONTINUE••••••>