Chapter 10

•••••••••

Toby drove in the pack, everyone looked as busy as every day. I'm glad that we went the other way around, we mind link the wolves on patrol to hide before we came in.

Toby parked the car near a black sleek car and I groaned. Toby glanced at me raising a brow. I motioned at the car frowning. The realization hit his face as he pursed his lips too. Mentally, why does alpha Bryan always arrived at a great timing?

I quickly got out of the car and opened the back seat where Nate was resting. His eyes closed and his breathing heavy, I felt guilty by the look on his face, it was very bruised and dried blood on his face.

"Nate," Toby said waking him up as he grabbed his arm. Nate shook a bit before opening his blue eyes. He turned his head at us while groaning and letting Toby get him out of the car.

"Are you ok?" I asked worriedly as I put one of his arms around my shoulder as we helped him limp towards the house.

Toby opened the door, as we gently dropped Nate on the couch. He was quick to relax and thanks us.

"I'm fine," he said, but I wasn't agreeing with him, he didn't look alright to me, and it was hurting me.

I quickly went into the kitchen and rummage through the cabinets searching for a first aid kit while Toby said he was going to call our pack doctor, doc Jim.

I found the kit and found a towel, I damped it and quickly went to Nate's side. I gently brushed the towel on his dried blood. He flinched as I did.

"Sorry," I muttered as I gently press it on one of his wounds, luckily Alex blew punches he didn't get to give Nate open and bloody wounds.

Nate smiled at me slightly giving me butterflies as he held my wrist and damped the towel on his face lightly.

As Toby went back, doc Jim entered the room with his tools. He quickly went to Nate's side and examined his wounds.

"Lilac, sweetheart. How was -Oh my goodness!what happened!!" Mom's eyes widen as he saw Nate being wounded and doc Jim examining him. She gushed to me examining if I was alright and breath in relief.

"He got into a fight," I said sadly as mom kissed me and went to Toby's side glaring at him.

"Toby?" She warned. My eyes widen at Mom's antics. She got the wrong ideas.

"What? It was not my fault! I wasn't even there!" He protested like he could not believe mom. Nate yelped when doc Jim pushed a cotton ball on his wounds. I started guiltily.

"Are you alright young man?" Mom asked concern at Nate's face. His innocent face was now messed up. His blue eyes becoming dull.

"Yes ma'am," Nate said while hissing in pain. I worriedly held his hand, he smiled slightly.

"What happened to you?" Mom asked as doc Jim put a bandage on one of his wounds. Nate cleared his throat before yawning like it was nothing and answered mom.

"Well... uhmm.." he said,  meeting his eyes with mine. And I'm glad he's respecting my decision about it.

"I'll explain later." I cut in. Mom raised a brow, I looked away not wanting to face her. Believe me, Alex is an ass, but I do care for him. He was my friend.