Chapter 3

••••••••

After school was done, we went home. It was a long ride with the cause of my wolf deciding to be attracted to Nate and keep thinking about him.

"That's not my problem neither my fault," lily said nonchalantly.

She won't even tell me if he's our mate or not with her giving me false feelings, but I know he isn't, he doesn't smell like our mate. But the weird feelings he gives us just make me so curious if who he really is.

"So you seem cool with the new student," Toby asked lighting up the quiet atmosphere. I faced him, and his eyes were set on the road.

"Yeah, he seems nice," I said shrugging and turning to look outside at the trees we passed. This can never get old. I wish I could do this all day. See nothing but the green trees and grass, the colorful flowers.

"I don't think that's it," he said smirking. I furrowed my brows at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"I mean, come on. I saw how you looked at him. He's your mate isn't he?" He asked, his smirk widening. I blushed and scowled. Did he notice?

"I was just looking at him duh! And he's not my mate," I said shaking my head. "He's a human," I sighed.

"I wish he was our mate," Lily whimpered. I ignored her.

"So what if he's human?" Toby scoffed. He sees humans and wolves as equal, not like my dad. He sees humans as at the bottom of the food chain but still gives them respect.

"Even if he was my mate, dad wouldn't even want that to happen," I puffed.

"So that googly eyes were nothing? Seriously, I felt lily being all giddy," he said. I groaned. Of course, he would, our wolf had a bond also. Because we are twins but not that strong. But we could still feel each other. So it's not really hard for me to tell that he also likes Katie.

"I don't know, I felt something about him, but no sign he's my mate," I said. I remember how I felt when we met gazes. Toby looked confused.

"What do you mean? Do you just feel things for him? Ohhhh!!! Lilac has a crush!" he smiled widely. I blushed and slapped his shoulder! The car swerved a bit.

"Woah! I'm driving here!" He frowned focusing on the road. "Unless you want to die and never see Nate again?" he teased, chuckling.

"I don't have a crush on him, only humans have those," I rolled my eyes. And put my headphones on, the volume on blast. I ignored how he kept on teasing me with his smile. I ignored him all the way home. I got off the car when he parked it. I went inside leaving him, I didn't see mom on the way, maybe she's with dad, busy with Alpha and Luna duties.

I grabbed an apple and skittles and ran to my room. I put my bag down. Took off my shoes and lay on my bed. It tired my brain out. I took a bite of my apple and took out my phone. Suddenly Toby popped into the mind link.

Lilac has a crush on Nate! He laughed.

I groan and blocked him. Won't he get tired? I ate my food and went to my closet to change into blue shorts and a shirt.

I suddenly remembered what Anne said. I shouldn't let it get in my way. Most of the time it gets stuck in my head. There is a reason why I let her on and make me feel horrible each day. As an Alpha, you shouldn't let words persuade you and manipulate you. You need to listen and then make the right move. Fighting her is an idiotic move and dad will not be proud of it.

"Well?" Lily asked.
"What now?" I asked irritated.
"Let's go out for a run.I need exercise," she whined. I agreed with her since I needed it too anyway.

I shifted into my snow-white wolf behind a tree. I run and run. I feel the adrenaline rushing through my veins. I feel the wind and nature around me. After an hour, I shifted back and put on my clothes. I went back to the pack. I saw my pack members, training, and working. I smiled at them. Then I saw mom and dad, dad looked frustrated and mom looked worried. I immediately went to them to know what's causing their problematic looks.

"Mom, Dad What's wrong?" I asked. Mom gave me a small smile as the Warriors that's with them greeted me.

"There's nothing wrong dear, just a little problem we're still yet to solve," Mom said. But I could see in her eyes, she was worried. My mom is loved by every pack member here. She's like the mother of everyone. She cares that's why they care too but seeing her not alright made me worried. I frowned as dad sighed.

"Vampires were spotted on the pack borderline," Dad said. My eyes widen. What? Vampires?that's impossible. It's been centuries since vampires were seen, as what the elders have said. What do they want? Could it be war?

"What? How?" I asked not able to believe what I heard.

"I don't know, they were just there, I made sure to put a few more wolves to investigate and more to guard the borderlines and the perimeters," Dad said as he also dismissed the warriors Or male pack members and letting them on with their duties.

"You shouldn't worry about it too much Lilac. We're going to solve this puzzle," Mom said. I know she doesn't want me to be involved in this, since this is a big threat.

"Mom, I'm soon ruling this pack. I need to help mom. And our pack members matter to me and their safety." I gave her a smile as her eyes filled with proudness.

"She's right love, let her. So she can stand on her own in the future and I also alerted the other packs," Dad said. He kissed my forehead and pecked mom's lips before he went to go somewhere with beta Zander.

I and mom went back home. Toby wiggled his brows at me, the moment we met looks. I rolled my eyes at him. I sat down on one of the stools in the kitchen. Toby sat beside me as mom cooked dinner with the pack chef.

My mind was completely off to the vampires, it's really weird for them to show up in this state. What do they want? Are they planning on something? An attack? War? I haven't dealt with a vampire in my entire living life. I never had encountered one too. But just then Toby decided to ask me in the middle of my thoughts.

"What's on your mind sis?" Toby asked, from the sound of his voice, I know what he's trying to say. But my face was straight and serious.

"Vampires were on the borderlines earlier." His face held the look of surprise and confusion.

"Vampires? That's impossible. I thought they didn't exist anymore?" His eyes went to mom and then to me again. I sighed.

"That's what we're trying to find out..." was all I could say.

CONTINUE•••••••>