Chapter 12

••••••••

Oof!

I went flying to the ground when Katie kicked me. I was so focused on my thoughts that I forgot we were sparring.

"If that's how you're going to be in a fight Lilac then the pack is doomed." She shakes her head laughing and helping me up.

I exhaled heavily.

"How can I focus when everything is on my mind,"  I groaned in annoyance. If there was only a way that I could run from this, I would but then, guilt will still haunt me.

She pats my shoulder. "Don't worry Alpha," She winks at me. "You don't have to solve it all By yourself. We're here you know."

"I know b-." She shushes me with a punch.

"Hey!" I growled. Launching at her, she didn't expect it and I pinned her on the ground.

"Woah Woah Woah!" I heard Toby said as he approaches us.

"Easy with my girl, sis," he chuckles.

I got up and brought up Kate with me.

"She cut me off while I was talking." I gave Katie the-eye. She only sticks her tongue at me.

Toby wraps his arms around her sweaty body and dove in for a kiss. I felt a sudden tingle of jealousy in my heart. They look so sweet and happy while I'm here miserable and hopeless with all the problems of the world in my mind.

"That's my girl." He purrs and kisses her one more time.

"By the way, Dad wants you in his office," he said making me puff. Damn this packing stuff. I'm not even the Alpha yet, and I'm already stressed. Not to mention Dad is still upset about the Alex thing.

"Fine. But make sure when I come back. Katie is still in her clothes," I smirked then walked off. I heard Toby whined and saying something I couldn't make out.

Then he screams. "Stop blocking your mind link too! I'm sure we wouldn't know if Nate's on your mind. Your sexual privacy is still safe!" I felt blood rush to my face, even more, when Kate laughed.

I decided to just leave them. I'm too embarrassed to even say something back. But he was right and wrong. At some point, Nate was in my mind, and it wasn't about sexual attraction. Sometimes I just wonder who Nate is. I'm too fond of him and that's not supposed to happen.

I stood in front of Dad's office. I didn't need to mind link him I was here. I know he could smell me.

"Come in." I heard him behind the huge doors.

I came in and saw my Dad with a tired frown. I wasn't used to seeing this face of him. He's usually this confident and hard Alpha. That's why he kept this pack standing. This pack was falling apart when Dad wasn't the Alpha of it yet. But with him bearing the title it gave strength to the members, and he managed to lift it once again.

Not sure if I wanted to make the first conversation.

"Lilac sit. We have a lot to talk about," he said with both hands on his desk.

I sat down. "Dad I-"

"I want you to address me as Alpha when we're not at home," he said.

I gave him a questioned look. " Yes, Dad but I didn't question him straightly. He is the Alpha after all.

"It's not because that I'm very disappointed with what happened, but for you to have the same respect as I have, to be an Alpha." His blue eyes were tired.