Part Thirty

So, so, so sorry for the wait guys! I sincerely hope you haven't given up on Bailey's story 💙

Who sees a child nearly as much as some parents?
Their School.
So Monday morning Arian, Keegan, Zander and I headed to Reef Bay Primary School to talk to the counsellor there.
Filing a complaint on a child's welfare is a huge deal.
Even at almost seventeen, I knew that much.
I remembered seeing a child in my Primary School go through the process of being taken away from their parents.
But what else were we supposed to do when we feared one of our brother's was suffering behind closed doors?
I sat in a hard plastic chair in the front office of the building I was not familiar with.
Reef Bay Primary School was not a place I'd been to.
The walls were all an off white colour in the waiting area and the floor was a dark blue carpet.
It almost reminded me of the Doctor's Surgery.
Behind the wall to wall desk, a brunette receptionist with rectangular rimmed glasses was furiously typing away at a computer.
Suddenly a dark haired man, wearing a trim, dark suit and shiny black shoes practically shot into the waiting area like a cannon.
His green gaze flicked around the waiting area and his eyebrows shot up as he took in the four of us that were seated near the large, window sized wall.
"Uhh..."
He seemed to finally settle on turning towards Arian, who was already getting to his feet.
"Arian Evans."
My eldest brother stated, extending his right hand.
The man's brow practically shot up into his hairline.
"Evans? We've got a few of those here as far as I know!"
He smiled and shook Arian's hand.
"I wonder if you're possibly related?"
Possibly?
There's no 'popular' about it mate...
Beside me, Keegan snickered.
Zander shot him a grin from my other side.
Yes, as was typical, I was wedged between the two.
"We are."
Arian told the man.
"Well, I'm Jason Parker."
The suited up man explained, letting his hand back down to his side.
"I'm the counsellor here at Reef Bay Primary."
"Then we're hoping you're the one we need to talk to."
Mr. Parker's gaze flicked to Keegan, Zander and I, then back to Arian.
"O-okay."
He agreed, nodding quickly.
"Why- why don't you come back through this way with me?"
He half twisted around to gesture into the darkened hallway beyond.
Arian's blue gaze flickered to the boys and I and he jerked his head towards the hallway.
Biting into my lower lip, a knot of dread tightening within my stomach, I flexed myself out of the hard, plastic chair.
With their chair's squeaking, Keegan and Zander followed me.

The room that Mr. Parker led us into was long and bland.
Boring was a fitting word.
A long white table sat in the middle, going a long way right through the length of the room.
The walls were all an off white colour and the floor a medium grey carpet.
There was perhaps four of five windows along the back wall, all that currently had the cream coloured blinds all partially closed so they let cracks of light into the room, but not enough to properly see the outside world.
The rectangular lights imbedded into the ceiling were the main source of light.
"Take a seat."
Mr. Parker gestured us to the table and chairs.
Thankfully this time, the chairs were cushioned, with a dark blue fabric covering the cushioning.

"Now I can see that none of you are of Primary School age."
Mr. Parker noted once the five of us were seated down one end of the lengthy table that was obviously used for meetings,
I could see why.
It was so boring with not even a picture frame or pot plant in sight, that you'd have no choice but to focus on the conversation topic.
It was one way to force your staff to focus!
Arian leaned forward and placed his elbows and arms onto the tabletop.
"I'm not sure how much you know about Hunter Evans."
He stated.
Way to ease into things Big Bro!
A slight frown marred Mr. Parker's brow and he reached for a notepad and pen he'd brought in with him.
"I can't say that I do..."
He mused, the pen dangling in the air just a few inches from the paper.
"He's our brother. And we're concerned about his home life."
I winced as Arian just went ahead and ripped off the band aid.
Even both Keegan and Zander shifted uncomfortably.
Mr. Parker seemed to sit up straighter in his chair.
"You're concerned about how your parents are treating him?"
I found myself shaking my head, but it was Arian who again opened his mouth.
"Our Dad is currently not in the picture. The youngest of our brother's are back with their Mother's. Bailey here has been recently getting back into contact with each of them."
Arian flicked a thumb towards me and I froze.
I really didn't want to be put under the spotlight here.
What if we were wrong?
What would that do for Hunter?
But what if you're right?
I swallowed nervously and shifted in my seat as Mr. Parker's green gaze turned onto me.
"Do you want us to talk privately?"
He offered.
Privately?
As in Zander, Keegan and Arian leave?
Hell no!
"We're not leaving!"
Keegan and Zander stubbornly stated.
I almost smiled.
Almost.
"Those three all have information they can share."
Arian nodded towards the boys and I.
"I only know what they've told me, but none of them are legal yet and besides, I don't let my brother's or my Sister battle shit alone."
My heart swelled just a little.
Mr. Parker's green gaze shifted between all four of us.
"I can see that the three of you, particularly you."
He stated, his gaze lingering on me.
"Are nervous about what you're doing."
Damn it!
Are we that obvious?
"I am not Social Services."
Mr. Parker told us.
"Today is merely a time where you can tell me your information in confidentiality and I can carefully look into it. Such as a meeting with Hunter to just see if anything seems off."
"Okay!"
I squeaked.
Mr. Parker offered up a smile.
"So are we ready?"
As I'll ever be...