Chapter 11 - A Recurrence Of Events

Liam's P.O.V

My hands shook vigorously as I dialled the number for the police to get in contact with the ambulance. It felt like some sort of sick nightmare. I wished it was a nightmare. Once I was done, I rammed my phone back into my pocket, and I saw Harry, Louis and Niall do the same. We should have planned out who was going to call the police. 

We rushed towards the body, where hundreds crowded around it and the paparazzi were snapping photographs. Seriously?! What the hell was wrong with them.

"Move!" Louis yelled, and the circle of people expanded, to let us in. The photographers were still carelessly taking pictures, despite our shouts. The one and only day we needed a security guard, they were elsewhere.

"Get away from here!" Niall screamed, scaring everyone and making them move. We crouched down to Zayn's body as he bit his lip in agony and squeezed his eyes shut.

"You'll be alright, Zayn," I whispered, clamping my hand over his shirt, where I could see a lot of blood forming. Another man was sat on the road.

"I'm so, so sorry. He just came out of nowhere-" the man started apologising.

"It wasn't your fault," Zayn muttered. We all breathed a sigh of relief once we realised that Zayn was conscious. To be honest, we weren't really interested in how all of this happened. All we wanted to do was make sure that Zayn was OK.

Louis kneeled by Zayn's head, and lifted it off the floor, placing it on his lap. 

"Hold on, Zayn, they're coming," Harry whispered. Niall sat away from us, away from the car park- away from the scene. Zayn nodded his head slightly and cracked a smile.

"You guys will do great without me," he mumbled, as his eyelids drooped over his eyes, taking him into another world. My breathing quickened as Louis lightly slapped Zayn's face but received no response. Harry scrambled to his hand and checked for his pulse.

"He's still here."

Niall's P.O.V

I found a quiet, empty alleyway and leaned against the wall. I slid down until I managed to take a seat, and wrapped my arms around my knees. I sobbed and I sobbed. I wasn't able to cope without Zara, and I barely knew her for a few months. How would I be able to cope without Zayn?

I faced reality and agreed that Zayn was most probably going to die. I refused to accept it, though and I knew that I wouldn't be able to handle it. He was my brother. How the hell can one person live without their brother?! 

I couldn't bare to look at Zayn. A blood stain was growing on his shirt, and he looked so weak and broken in the position that he was in. Knowing how he felt added to how he looked there. So fragile and vulnerable. I couldn't bare to see him in that state, so I used my initiative and found an empty place so I was away from the scene. I didn't want to be upset, but, because there was nothing to distract me, all I could think about was Zayn, making me more anxious and sad.

Although that was likely to be the last time that I would ever see or hear Zayn, whereas the rest of the boys would get more time, I didn't want to go back. 

This could have been just another nightmare.

"Niall, what are you doing here?" I looked up to see Harry staring down at me. His voice cracked as he spoke and crouched down to my level.

"He's going to die, Harry!" I sobbed into his embrace, "It's exactly like what happened to Zara! I don't want to go through the same thing again!" This all felt so real - it was not a nightmare.

"Niall, you don't know that," Harry sighed, letting the tears roll down his cheeks, "He's unconscious; he's still got a pulse, thank goodness."

"Can he speak?" I asked, worried that I would never be able to hear his voice again.

Harry nodded. "Yeah, he can."

"Can he move?"

"Erm, I'm not sure."

"Do you think he'll make it?" I tightened the grip on the sleeve of my jumper, nervous at the question that I chose to ask. I avoided Harry's gaze as my head cowered so I was staring at the bottom of my shirt. I almost immediately regretted asking it. What if he gave me the answer that I didn't want to hear? The answer that was most probably going to happen, but what I pained to accept?

However, Harry's answer reassured me about everything. Whether he believed it or not, knew that it was true.

"He can do anything." Harry smiled at me.

(A/N: Thank you so much for the 389 reads, 37 votes and 14 comments! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Happy holidays and stay awesome!)