Chapter 12 - Awake But Unconscious

Zayn's P.O.V

I didn't know why, but I couldn't move. I tried to use all of the strength that I had left to open my eyes, but it felt like they were sewed shut. My body felt like it was tied down onto this unfamiliar bed; I couldn't move my limbs. However, all I knew was that my left leg hurt like hell.

"Hi, Zayn. Erm, the doctors say that you're in a coma. They said that we could talk to you and you'd be able to hear us, so here we are. Well, ah, what can I say?" Liam started to choke up, "Just please, try your best and get through this. For us." That explained it all. The reason why I felt so awake but couldn't physically do anything. The reason for the consistent  pain in my head.

My heart sank as Liam said those words. They did care. If they didn't, they wouldn't have spent their time to come and visit me. Maybe it was like exactly how we felt when Zara was in that coma, but this time, I was in her position. If the boys cared as much as I recently realised, I knew that I had to get out of this trap.

"Zayn, please make it out in time. Everyone is worried about you. We all know that you can get out of this coma, so please, try your hardest," Niall whimpered. I guessed that his hand was covering my wrist, maybe to check my pulse. Niall was my younger brother. I couldn't leave him in the dark.

I hoped someone explained why my leg hurt so bad. 

What happened next shocked me. The person who spoke next wasn't Liam, Niall, Harry nor Louis. Heck, it wasn't even Simon!

"Zayn, I'm- I'm so sorry I broke up with you. I want to get back with you after the tour, if that's OK with you. If you knew why, it would all make sense!" Perrie cried, and I felt her hair falling onto my face as she hugged me. Although something in my shoulder received a shock of pain as she hugged me, I wished that I could hug her back, and ask her for answers. But I couldn't.

"Perrie, watch out for his leg. Doctor says he's got a broken bone and his collarbone is fractured, so don't hug him too hard," Harry informed. Ah, so that's why my leg and collarbone hurt.

"Zayn, please make it out," Perrie whispered into my ear before letting go of the now distant embrace. She took hold of my hand and squeezed it. This time, I tried my hardest to grip onto her fingers. To let her know that I was trying. To let her know that I cared.

"He held my hand!" Perrie screamed.

"What? How? What do you mean?" Niall asked, quite quickly.

"He held my hand! That means he's with us!" Perrie yelled, excitement evident in her voice.

"This never happened this early in a coma situation. This means that he's slowly recovering. Wow, it's only been a couple of days," a new voice spoke. I guessed that it was a doctor after some thinking. I heard a few cheers and the atmosphere in the room seemed less tense, even though I couldn't see anyone or anything.

After a few minutes, the noise died down.

"Zayn, we're, er, we're going to go now because the doctor wants you to rest," Louis stated. My ears perked up to the sound of shoes tapping against the floor while the door creaked several times.

I felt accomplished. I managed to let them know that I was here. I hoped they thought that I was going to make it out - for them.

Harry's P.O.V

As soon as we got home, I flopped onto my bed and kicked my shoes off. I tried to relax, but my hands were shaking like mad. Ironic, huh? I couldn't believe that Zayn was able to do this on our first visit. It felt like my statement towards Niall was now confirmed. Zayn can do anything.

Though it was just a small gesture, Zayn holding Perrie's hand gave me (and I think the rest of the boys) hope that he would make it. I didn't want this to be some sort of sick re-enactment of what happened to Zara.

A knock on the door caused my eyes to dart in that direction.

"Who is it?" I questioned.

"It's me, Niall." He opened the door and stood in my room, pretty awkwardly. He stared around a little bit before I shuffled my body to a sitting position and tapped the spot next to me.

"Come and sit down," I invited. Niall nodded and approached me, taking his assigned seat next to me.

"Did you, erm, want anything?" I quizzed, as a couple of silent minutes went by.

"Oh, erm, I just wanted to see if you wanted to watch a film? I mean, to make you feel relaxed and take your mind off things. Liam and Louis are going to watch 'The Lion King'," Niall offered politely.

"Sure. Thanks for asking.One question, though."

"Shoot."

"Why do you think I'm not relaxed?"

"Well, for a start, your hands are shaking like crazy."

(A/N: Thanks so much for the 485 reads, 43 votes and 14 comments! Thanks for reading this chapter and I hope you enjoyed it! I know it was a really late update but I had no wi-fi for two weeks so yeah. You & I is perfect. I genuinely love the video! I've become really addicted to Vines as well... Oh, I just wanted to also say thank you for the 21,000+ reads on Unusual Reality! I never thought it would get 1k, let alone over 21k! You guys don't know how you make me feel when you use your spare time to read my stories! So thank you and stay awesome :) x)