Chapter 6 - An Interview Backfired

Zayn's P.O.V

I silently ate the breakfast that Liam had made for me. I was grateful even though he woke me up in a not-so-nice way. I didn't really blame him though; when I was asleep, nobody could wake me up. I hoped that the interview wouldn't be about the breakup between Perrie and I, although I believed that it was only us boys and Perrie who knew about it.

As soon as we finished our breakfast, we had to immediately leave, because the location of the interview was pretty far away. This interview was pretty special, as it was the first ever one to discuss our upcoming album, 'Midnight Memories'. We just had to record a couple of more songs, including 'Half A Heart'. Liam, Niall and Louis stayed up to finish writing it and immediately sent it to our songwriter. 

We all wanted to record 'Half A Heart' last, because we knew that it would be difficult to sing it. There was only a few days left until the recording session for that song, and we were all dreading it.

"Don't worry, Zayn, I doubt they know anything about the breakup," Liam comforted, when he noticed my worried expression. I could tell that the driver was listening in on our conversation, as he kept on taking quick glances at the mirror. There was a point where my upset eyes caught his eager ones, and his eyes softened with pity.

"Sir, I'll pretend I haven't heard anything," he reassured, sending me a quick, sympathetic smile. 

"How long will it take until we get there?" I asked, nervously.

"About an hour left," he replied. I bit my bottom lip in nervousness. 

"Don't worry, I'll take the longer route." The driver smiled at me. 

Harry's P.O.V

We arrived at the interview a few minutes before it started. We quickly ran in and as soon as we entered the prepared room, all eyes turned to us, as well as about seven cameras. The interviewer had an evil smirk on her face. Without any questions, we took the two seats left on the sofa while Liam playfully glared at us.

"Sorry we're late," Louis pointed out.

"Don't worry about it," she smirked, readjusting the stack of cards in her hands. I glanced at all of the boys and then at Paul. This woman was freaking me out.

"3,2,1 and now you're live," a cameraman stated. The interviewer smiled into the camera and introduced us into her show. She asked a few boring questions; the same as every other interviewer, even though this interview was supposed to be especially for our upcoming album.

"Before I go into your new album in the making, I was just curious about something," she explained, looking up from her cards. 

"Shoot," Niall said. Her gaze immediately turned to Louis and I. 

"Is Larry Stylinson real?" she questioned, "Because a photographer said that he saw the pair of you exiting a house and you two are pretty close. You didn't enter this room with the rest of the boys and you two came in together," she then mumbled, "Harry would be so better off anyway."

Without hesitation, Louis replied, "No, it's not real. To be completely honest, I thought your questions would be more original and unique. That question has been asked so many times, with the same answer. So, how about I ask you a question that nobody's asked you yet? Why did you leave your husband, who's not famous, for your current fiance, who seems to be a millionaire? Are you a gold digger? Or do you just want to use his fame?" He got her good. We all smiled, whilst the interviewer was a mixture of shocked and embarrassed.

"And yes, I did hear what you had to say about me. But mate, don't even let me get started on what you look like. I can see where you've used the money; bleached hair, botox and makeup. The makeup or botox didn't exactly go to good use, because before you just looked like a monkey, however, now, you look like a cross between a monkey and a deformed dog. How could they let someone like you be an interviewer? Oh, it's because your fiance's rich, right?" Louis continued.

"Oh- uh- and that is it for today's interview!" She forced a smile and flashed her white teeth. From her expression towards Louis, I could tell that the interview wasn't live anymore. Her lips were tightly pursed and she didn't say anything but as soon as we exited the building and headed off into our own separate cars, I knew Louis was in for it. 

Louis' P.O.V

That woman seriously asked for it. If nobody in the bloody media was going to say the truth, I decided that I would be the first one to. I earned a few compliments about my choice of words, but when I saw Paul's eyes fixed on me, I rushed to the carpark. I really wasn't in the mood for the lecture that I knew was coming.

"Louis!" Paul yelled, sternly. I immediately froze. I jerked around. 

"What?!" I spat. OK, maybe I was asking for a lecture at that moment.

He approached me before adding, "What on earth did you think you were doing? All you had to do was say 'no' and she would have left it at that!"

"We've been pushed around too many times, Paul!" I exclaimed. 

"Louis, we'll talk about this later," he hissed. I stormed to my car and when I saw that Harry was buckled in, I drove back home. 

"You OK?" Harry asked, taking a quick look at me.

"Yeah, thanks," I lied, before shaking my head, "Actually, no. Everyone just takes advantage of us and they think we don't have feelings because we're famous."

"Louis, we've all been through that phase. Don't worry, it'll all be perfect soon," Harry replied, smiling. I nodded my head and stared off into the distance, whilst managing to not get hit by another car. 

We eventually got back home and I tried to immediately run up to my room. I genuinely didn't want to deal with Paul. I felt a large hand hold me back from running up the stairs. I slowly turned around.

"Leave me alone," I growled.

"Paul, I think you should talk to Louis later," Harry interjected.

"No," he decided. He steered me into the living room and I sat down on the sofa, my fists balled. The rest of the boys were also in the living room. 

(A/N: Thanks so much for the 99 reads, 13 votes and 12 comments! Ooh, so I decided to spice this chapter up a little bit with Louis' sassiness! Comment on what you think will happen next! On a sadder note, Louis' grandmother passed away, so R.I.P to her <3)