Chapter 5

I walked out of Mr. Anderson's office and was surprised to see Luke sitting there. He looked nervous so I cautiously asked, " Um, what's wrong? "

He immediately stood up and came over to me.  " I am sorry Veronica, I should have never laid a hand on you. That was wrong of me on so many levels. It was stupid and it won't happen again."

He looked distraught so I shrugged it off and said,  " It's forgiven. "

" But it shouldn't have to be forgiven because I should have never done it. "

" Luke, seriously, I am fine. "

" Well it was still stupid and I will make it up to you. I guess I owe you an explanation though of why I did it in the first place. How about you let me take you out tomorrow night? "

" Like a date? " I may strongly dislike him right now but a big part of me was hoping that we could make this relationship work.

He smiled, " Yeah, like a date. "

" Awww your smile is so cute. I did not mean to say that out loud. But I will go with you, if and only if you take away my confinement punishment. "

He didn't even hesitate he immediately said, " Deal."

I smiled and he returned it. The two of us slowly walked back to the main office where my guards were waiting. Luke said to Kale in a quiet voice, " Please keep her safe. I don't want her getting hurt. "

" Always alpha, always. " I don't think I was supposed to here that so I pretended that I didn't.

Luke said to me, " Veronica, please be respectful the rest of the day. All you have left is a class with my sister and gym. I would appreciate it if I didn't have to punish you later. "

My mind was still on cloud nine but I wasn't completely submissive no way would I be that easy! " I will consider it. Let's roll out gang. "

Kale shook his head but I could still see a faint smile on his face I know somewhere in there he is still his old self. I just have to find out where.

I skipped down the hallway making Kale ask me,  " What in the world did alpha give you? "

" None of your business. " I screamed whole laughing. I was happy I mean how can someone not be when they were just told they were going on their first date with their mate?

I ran into someone in the hallway. " Hey Joey! "

" Hello Veronica, my lady, what are you so happy about? "

" Stuff. "

" Ooooo in the form of my brother? "  He had started skipping with me.

" Maybe. Hey do you wanna do a prank with me after training? "

" You just love getting in trouble don't you? "

" Well everyone here has a stick up their butt and we won't do anything too bad. "

" Everyone is just against fun cuz Luke, my wonderful brother, thinks that leaders shouldn't have fun in front of the pack because he believes it shows weakness. And I guess I will help you pull a prank. "

We had skipped so far ahead of the others that I knew we had a couple minutes of privacy." Okay so all you will have to do is tell them that Luke told you to take me to him and that they were excused from their duties. "

" Ooooo don't you have it all figured out? "

" Everything except how to avoid getting out of trouble if we get caught. I mean I got out of my weekend confinement punishment but you know don't get your hopes up about me avoiding a punishment. "