Chapter 12

I woke up the next morning feeling weak. My whole body hurt and I had raging headache. I could feel my stomach growling.

I felt sick all of the sudden and ran to the bathroom where I threw up. I don't know what since I hadn't even eaten in awhile.

Veronica, eat, I am weak. I need you to eat or you are going to die.

Wolfie, I don't want to. I just want to sleep.

I was interrupted from my thoughts,  "Luna, would you like me to get you some breakfast? "

" No Spencer, I am fine. Thank you though. I think I am just going back to sleep. "

" Okay. "

I fell asleep on the bathroom floor with my head rested against the toilet. I woke up a couple more times that week but I would just close my eyes and go back to sleep. Spencer kept waking me up and checking on me but he never came in so he didn't know that I was unwell.

It was a week after that first day before Luke arrived back at home. I only had known because he immediately came into my room and when he noticed I wasn't in the bed he banged on the bathroom door, waking me up.

At this point I could barely keep my eyes open. It took too much energy." Hey beautiful, can you open the door? "

I weakly replied,  " No. "

" Come on, gorgeous, I am sorry. I feel bad but can we just talk about this? "

I fell back asleep before I could answer.

★★★★★★★★★★

Luke's POV :
¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

When Veronica didn't answer me I grabbed the key for the door. I have keys for every room I'm this house. I unlocked the door and to my horror I saw Veronica lying on the floor, she looked like death, so fragile.

I panicked and called in Spencer. He came running in, " Alpha, what's wrong with Veronica? "

" I don't know. Go get the pack doctor. "

A couple minutes later our newest pack doctor, Dr. Ben,  came is and rushed towards us.

He bent down and took her pulse. " Alpha, she is alive but I need her to go down to my office. I need to see exactly what is wrong with her. "

" Of course, I will take her there. Let's go. "

I took Veronica down to his office and then let him check on her. It took forever and when he started taking off her shirt I snapped. " What do you think you are doing? "

I had him pinned against the wall. He stuttered out,  " Sorry.... Alpha.... I'm need to..... Check on something. "

" No one but me is allowed to undress my mate. "

" Justin! "

Justin came in,  " Hey Luke, calm down man. "

" You don't understand. He was undressing my mate! " I growled out.

" I get it Luke, but understand that he is doing his job. Now get a hold of yourself. I can send Ollie and Kaylyn in. "

I released him and turned to Justin. " Okay, let's go. "

We stepped out of the room and Ollie and Kaylyn went in but I stopped them. " Ollie, please watch her. "

" I will. "

" Thank you. "

Kaylyn is Justin's mate. She just came back from London where she went to see her parents.

Justin said hesitantly,  " Luke, I think I know why Veronica got sick. "

I said,  " What do you think? "

" Luke she hasn't eaten in quite a few weeks. Plus she hasn't came out of the room for a week. I was thinking about it and remembered it had been a while since her last meal. "

My head dropped in shame. " I am a terrible mate. "

" Luke, you aren't a terrible mate. "

" Justin can you be my older brother and be completely honest with me? "

" Okay, Luke, I talked to Spencer and Dani. I realized that both you and Ronnie have been through a lot and neither of you have opened your eyes to the others problems. When I first met Kaylyn, we fought all the time. I had to forget about my own problems and just focused on hers. It's a sacrifice that had to be made. Kaylyn eventually earned my trust and I told her my problems. "

"So what your saying is that I need to focus on making her happy and then she will eventually trust me and without her knowing she will deal with my problems? "

" Exactly, however, it's easier said than done since you're an alpha and she is rebellious. "

I felt really bad, I had been a jerk and I needed to be there for Veronica. She had told me her father raped her and then I ran off. I shouldn't have done that and I needed to own up to my mistake.

For the first time ever I was going to apologize and for the rest of my life I would be devoted to Veronica.

♥♥♥♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!
I know it's not much but I will update again soon.
Comment opinions.

~ Autumn