Chapter 25

I heard someone open the door and I turned to see a very concerned looking Ollie. " Luna are you okay? "

" Ye..... " I couldn't finish though before I started throwing up again.

Ollie held back my hair and when I was done she asked,  " Would you like me to tell Alpha Luke that you are unwell and won't be able to make it to the meeting? "

" No I think I am fine now. "

She didn't look convinced,  " Are you sure? "

" Yes, I will be fine. "

" Okay. "

I got up and put on a pair of dark jeans, a white tank top,  and my black and white converse.

I walked back to Ollie and said,  " I'm ready. "

"Awesome blossom, so Spencer and Alpha Luke will be waiting for us in the side room of the meeting hall. The two of us will be sitting behind where Luke will be speaking. "

" We won't be standing next to them? "

" No, the idea is supposed to be that if an attacker comes then we will be blocked by the pack and our mates. We are in the least danger out of everyone there. "

" Why? "

" You should ask Luke. "

" I'm asking you. "

" Just come on, we are going to be late. "

I huffed but followed her anyway. I saw a lot of people which was freaking me out but they all kept their distance.

Eventually we reached Luke and Spencer. Luke came over and wrapped his arms around my waist. " Hey beautiful. "

"  Hi Mr. Alpha. "

He gently kissed my forehead and pulled away. I wanted to ask my question so bad so I just blurted it out. "Luke, why do you make me and Ollie sit behind everyone else? Why can't we stand next to you? "

He didn't even hesitate by answering,  " Because if someone is to attack us then you two need to be protected. "

"As sweet as that is, I think it's stupid. We can protect ourselves and as the leaders wives we shouldn't be hiding behind our pack. We should be be protecting them. "

"Gorgeous, it's for your safety and everyone in there wants you to be safe."

Luke said starting to sound annoyed.

" You just don't understand do you? "

" Yes, I pretty much do. You want me to put you in danger instead of protecting you. "

" I just want you to see that I can protect myself and so can Ollie. "

" As long as I am around, you will not have to. I will protect... "

" No, Luke..... "

" D*mn it Veronica. I don't care what you say you will sit behind us! "

I shrunk back in fear remembering how John had yelled at me. I looked at the floor." Yes, Luke. "

" Sh*t, sorry gorgeous. I didn't mean to yell at you. Hey beautiful, look at me. "

I heard Spencer say, " Luke, me and Ollie are going to get out there. Meet us when you can. "

" Thank you. "

When they left Luke tried again. " Hey, Gorgeous. I am sorry. "

I had started crying. So in between breaths I said,  " I... I just got... Got scared..... You are.... Are fine. I mean... Mean don't... Don't tell.. Me...even what... To... To do. "

" Shhh beautiful, I'm very sorry. If you want you can stand right next to me. "

He had wrapped his arms around my waist. " You're okay gorgeous, it's okay. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I just want to keep you safe. "

I just leaned into in his arms as he reassured me. "I love you Luke. "

" I love you to Veronica, so much. You whole world would fall apart without you. "

We both just looked into each others eyes with all the passion in the world. He smiled and pecked me on the forehead. " Are you going to be okay with everyone out there? "

" I think. "

" If it gets to be too much just tell me or give me a signal and we will leave right away. "

I nodded and we headed to this huge room where a whole lot of people were sitting. I was already freaking out when I saw some man walking towards us and then saw a group of men looking like they were guarding the door and that's when I lost it.

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Sorry I know that it's late but I was busy.  The dedication will be announced when the part comes up. I don't know when I will update because I write better just updating when I can but it will be within the week.

Thanks for understanding. What do you think she going to happen?

~Autumn