Chapter Five

Hey guys!

So this week (today, in fact) I had the first of four standardized tests I have to take this year, so that's why I've been inactive since the weekend. But never fear! I had two chapters written going into this week, so that's why, despite the lack of writing time, I have some more story for you guys now! Lucky you! :D

I think you'll all love this chapter... *winkwink*

Remember to follow @code_cherry on Twitter and Instagram, and to vote and comment if you want more story! See you at the bottom!

JORDAN’S POV

Why can’t I just tell Bee how I feel?

You know why, I answered myself. You’re afraid of being rejected. You’re scared that she won’t feel the same way. And I knew it was true. I didn’t want to shatter the friendship we had by admitting that I wanted something more. 

I knew Dul was right, but my doubts and fears I didn’t even know I had were still restraining me. I put my head in my hands with a groan. Two days later, and I still couldn’t get over myself. I’d been forced to use pre-recorded footage I’d been saving for emergencies for my daily videos; and the smarter fans had noticed. My Twitter feed constantly buzzed with notifications of concerned and worried Tweets.

However touched I was by how much they cared for me (they’d even started a hashtag: #WeLoveYouBayani), I didn’t respond to them or give any hints about my absence. Bee didn’t need rabid fangirls attacking her from all sides.

I groaned, sinking onto my bed with my hands over my eyes. I felt empty and confused, and it was tearing me apart from the inside. Sam jumped up next to me and I stroked him, willing myself to relax.

A ding snapped me back to reality. I glanced up and saw a new Skype message pop up on my computer screen:

Heyimbee: Hey Bayani! :D

Maybe now would be the right time. Perhaps if I just told her now I could stop destroying myself mentally, over and over. I dragged myself off my bed (despite meowed protests from Sam) and plopped down into my chair, slipping my earbuds in and adjusting my microphone.

With one last deep breath I clicked the Call button.

She picked up immediately. “Bayani, hi!” Her voice was so cheery it nearly made me sick to my stomach. “What’s up?”

I cleared my throat softly. “I need to talk to you, Bee. Seriously for a moment.”

Worry crept into her tone. “Of course. What’s the matter?”

I felt heat rise to my cheeks, even though she couldn’t see me. “What makes you think something’s the matter?”

“Well,” she responded. “Just the way your voice is cracking and the way you worded that sentence makes me think something’s wrong. You can tell me,” she said gently. This only caused my heart to race faster.

 “If you say so,” I managed. I stared at my hands and mumbled, “I like you, Bee.”

A few seconds of dead silence. Then, “What?”

“I like you, Bee,” I said louder, my voice cracking again. “As more than just a friend.” I held my breath nervously, waiting for a response.

MUAHAHA! Evil cliffie! >:D How will Bee respond? (Though I think most of you can already guess)

The story is seriously starting to heat up. As my Theatre teacher would say, this story is going from "Normal Life" to "That moment when Normal Life changes forever and nothing will be the same". LOL

Leave those comments and votes for more! Bye-bye! (If you got that reference just there I love you)

~Cherry